• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

TsgtB

Today, I installed my "in cab" heater.
Got it all wired up (with its own circuit breaker and proper military connectors).
Mounted under the dash like the A3, connected my hot water lines with "in-line" shut off valves, so i can shut the hot water off (for summer, or a core leak).
I did use a modern 100w5o resister and 3 way toggle.
Just need to stuff my ducts in the dash, but it's installed before our "cold spell" gets here.

Turned out to be a very professional "motor pool" looking install....

rustystud

Today, I installed my "in cab" heater.
Got it all wired up (with its own circuit breaker and proper military connectors).
Mounted under the dash like the A3, connected my hot water lines with "in-line" shut off valves, so i can shut the hot water off (for summer, or a core leak).
I did use a modern 100w5o resister and 3 way toggle.
Just need to stuff my ducts in the dash, but it's installed before our "cold spell" gets here.

Turned out to be a very professional "motor pool" looking install....
Lets see some pictures of your install !

TsgtB

I was shocked that it took almost ALL of the 15' of hose. The last few inches made a perfect grommet in the firewall for hose protection.
I used a LOT of zip ties and snugged it everything up good.
I turned my shut off valves in opposing directions, so when they face opposite directions when open, and fold over each other when shut off ( I did stagger them a few inches so there is no metal contact).

I let the drain valve on the bottom of the radiator drip into a bucket for EVER....
Then i finally pulled the lower plug and let it gush into 3-5 gallon buckets.

I actually caught most of the AF, poured it back in the radiator (with an old shirt for a "filter" over my funnel) and it did good to catch the few leaves and stuff that got into the bucket.

So, the only suggestion i could make (for the way my under dash unit is mounted) is to connect the hose to the back side of the unit before you mount it, it was kind of a pain to get the hose clamp on.... (almost as bad as a lower radiator hose...)

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ran to Home Depot for some insulation so I can start putting the shop van back together, it's nice when you don't have to look for your vehicle in a parking lot lol.

Attachments

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I began preparation to transport a new member, Truck # 6, to my yard. Here in Fort Loxahatchee, it is a tradition to never turn down an opportunity for an additional truck And since my trailer is not long enough to transport a Deuce, I simply did the next best thing...CUT IN IN HALF! That's right troopers, half a truck is better than none ! As you can see, I still need to cut some more to get it apart..To be continued...

Attachments

AZK9

I was able to check another thing off my Deuce-To-Do-List.

I removed my old door handles and replaced them with a new key-lock style.
It's nice to be able to secure the cab so easily! [thumbzup]

Note: I've been trying to upload photos to go along with the post, but have
been unable to get any pics to work (for the past two days). :shrugs:

TsgtB

Yep, door handles are next... can you buy them in singles?
I did put that high dollar "road draft tube" on, that has been sitting in the garage for a year.

AZK9

Yep, door handles are next... can you buy them in singles? ...
M35-new-lock.jpg

I would imagine that they might be available for just one door depending on the seller.
I got mine as a pair, because I wanted to be able to lock and unlock both doors, from
the outside, with keys that were keyed-alike.

NOTE: Pic upload is working again!!!!!! :jumpin:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And today we continued to separate the two halves, and then I dragged the bed away far enough so to bring my trailer back and load the engine half.....
That 2x2 FPU (Forward Power Unit) is a very interesting "Bob-Job" that I've never before seen attempted in these forums.
Have you considered starting and driving that mutation? It could be quite an experience.

TsgtB

View attachment 602976

I would imagine that they might be available for just one door depending on the seller.
I got mine as a pair, because I wanted to be able to lock and unlock both doors, from
the outside, with keys that were keyed-alike.

NOTE: Pic upload is working again!!!!!! :jumpin:
If i can get the wife to stop locking her door (on accident) on her way out....
It's almost sad when the "to do" list is down to the little stuff...
1) Locking door handles
2) 00 grease in the winch (very slow drip)
3) Floor mats of some kind
4) Front axle boots (not bad, but could be changed)
5) Axle vents ( just because)
6) Passenger side air wiper
7) Some kind of door window seals
8) Maybe a tire/bed crane

AZK9

... It's almost sad when the "to do" list is down to the little stuff... ...
I'm really glad to be getting my list down to just little, easy stuff! I've got to get this deuce prepared
to successfully complete a 2800 to 3000 mile trip from the east coast... west! :-D

If I was having to deal with big, serious, more difficult stuff... I'd be especially nervous! :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks