• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent part of my lunch hour finally putting on my grill cover in preparation for the possible 2ft of snow coming this weekend

Attachments

army_nurse

Made a fuel filter replacement for the deuce. I am just waiting for the 60 psi valve to get here in the mail and then I will install it. This is inspired by Rustystud and how he installed his. I have dual pressure gauges I am going to put on pre and post filter. I also am going to install all new fuel lines as well.
filter.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I blew up my transmission. Does that count for this thread?
That would depend...
Did you use a Suicide Vest?
Did you use an IED?
Did you exceed the design limitations of your GI Equipment, Soldier and destroy some of Uncle Sam's resources?
Did you fail to read the TMs and thus really FUBAR the tranny?

Hmmmm. Tell us how you did it and we'll demand pictures!!!

fpchief

The daughter and myself decided to go on a night run in the deuce. Got a few miles from the house and heard a BAM, and the grinding noise that you hear trying to find a gear and not having the clutch fully depressed. Well, pulled over and accessed the situation. Saw no fluid on the ground and no parts left in the road. Found I have some forward movement in low range, 2 and 3rd gear. We made it home. My poor 14 yr old daughter was wide eyed the whole time. I am going to pick up another transmission from Mr shirley in barnesville, ga and get it running again, and later tear into this one. I found my excuse to have a spare trans.

rustystud

The daughter and myself decided to go on a night run in the deuce. Got a few miles from the house and heard a BAM, and the grinding noise that you hear trying to find a gear and not having the clutch fully depressed. Well, pulled over and accessed the situation. Saw no fluid on the ground and no parts left in the road. Found I have some forward movement in low range, 2 and 3rd gear. We made it home. My poor 14 yr old daughter was wide eyed the whole time. I am going to pick up another transmission from Mr shirley in barnesville, ga and get it running again, and later tear into this one. I found my excuse to have a spare trans.
I totally believe in having spare parts ! Though my wife says having 4 transmissions is over kill. I don't think so. Thankfully she doesn't know about the fifth one I have stashed away !

pitpawten

This stinks, sorry to hear it, maybe your daughter will take a liking to wrenching

fpchief

I am trying to decide if I should get a spare motor while I am at it. He has plenty. And the daughter would rather be with me outside than on Facebook. Yay for her.

SRB1976

Went up to Casper Monday to pick up my new hardtop I ordered from Memphis equipment. Nice little road trip in the deuce8)

24433966891_c09cd2fc84_b.jpg24220769250_b33a4fe4d7_c.jpg

Tuesday I started the installation by removing the soft top and installing the back part of the cab

24433963721_f134a4bd04_z.jpg24220765650_0e82e15186_z.jpg23888140894_9603c5fa1b_z.jpg24433959561_562e19752d_z.jpg

And Wednesday I installed the roof with the help from a buddy.

24220759660_ceda9d9116_z.jpg24490125346_5ea72c6785_z.jpg24433951771_88615b1322_z.jpg

I still have to line everything up and get it tightened down and then it will be done:mrgreen: I've only been working on it a couple hours a day because it's been so cold here.

AZK9

...View attachment 604462

I still have to line everything up and get it tightened down and then it will be done:mrgreen: ....
It looks great! [thumbzup]

I've been looking for a nice used one, especially now that snow season has arrived. We got more of the
white stuff during the over-night hours. I wonder how much snow-loading a typical, decent condition soft
top can handle. Yours looks like it's metal, not fiberglass. Am I right? :-D

Doodster

Any particular reason you mounted it there? I mounted mine in the same spot but on the other side of the firewall. I can just open the side flap and check it. I mounted the power steering fluid and windshield wiper fluid there too. I can check and fill all of them without opening the hood. Just a thought if your placement ever gets in the way.

SRB1976

It looks great! [thumbzup]

I've been looking for a nice used one, especially now that snow season has arrived. We got more of the
white stuff during the over-night hours. I wonder how much snow-loading a typical, decent condition soft
top can handle. Yours looks like it's metal, not fiberglass. Am I right? :-D
Yep it's metal

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm curious.. Why do some people like to have the door handles vertical instead of horizontal? That just seems a little more awkward to me.
Hey JohnnyB, I installed my new handles vertical as well, mainly so if they were locked, someone couldn't pull down with all of their weight and break or damage the internals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks