• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

AZK9

Purpose in covering?

My guess is:

Dusterdeere lives in a serious snowbelt. His region is heavily affected by lake-effect snow and wind.
It may actually allow his truck to retain warmth enough to keep running. :shrugs:

I once lived out that way and we often covered the hood of our truck and kept an incandescent bulb on when the truck sat.
If we didn't prepare like that... we were not going anyplace, except maybe on foot! :wink:

Ratchetop

Well I finished the transfer case change out. Removed the old sprag case and installed the air lock case. Went real smooth. I used a pto switch for the actuator and it turned out very well. Now I need to try it out in some mud.

Attachments

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finished the transfer case change out. Removed the old sprag case and installed the air lock case. Went real smooth. I used a pto switch for the actuator and it turned out very well. Now I need to try it out in some mud.
Nice work! I still need to retrofit an air shift in mine as well. I've had the replacement and the sprag-to-air shift retrofit kit sitting around for about 6 months now.

Ratchetop

Thanks. I slid a piece of 1 1/2, .120 wall pipe out the back window and out the front. I used a one and a half ton ratcheting chain hoist and connected to the first bolt next to the top plate. I lowered the transfer case down onto an atv jack and rolled it right out. The atv jack worked really good.

fpchief

I finished my lean to last weekend, got a home for the deuce and boat. This weekend I got the transmission out and also have acquired a replacement. Got a new exhaust and pusher pump also. Several projects going on. uploadfromtaptalk1453681081107.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453681090947.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453681106560.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453681115087.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453681124315.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453681130512.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453681138577.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453681156793.jpg

fpchief

That would depend...
Did you use a Suicide Vest?
Did you use an IED?
Did you exceed the design limitations of your GI Equipment, Soldier and destroy some of Uncle Sam's resources?
Did you fail to read the TMs and thus really FUBAR the tranny?

Hmmmm. Tell us how you did it and we'll demand pictures!!!
Here is a pic of inside. Alot more went on in there than this. Will turn some then lock up uploadfromtaptalk1453681620108.jpg

TsgtB

All I have done is plug it in and make sure it will power up. And yep, really really quiet.
Are you putting it back in the same location on the rack, where you took off the old pump?
Since it sucks from the sides and not the bottom, it can be lowered deeper in the tank.

fpchief

I am glad you mentioned that. I will most likely go the next set of holes down if the electrical will reach. Will have to get new intake hose.

TsgtB

I am glad you mentioned that. I will most likely go the next set of holes down if the electrical will reach. Will have to get new intake hose.
That would be a good idea, I found out it will suck air on hills, when you get down to 12-14 gallons left in the tank... (without being mounted lower).
That Viton hose is a little hard to find and kind of pricey. I bought a 2' section for close to $50 (and ended up using the one that I already had, it was in great shape). I plan to lower my pump this summer, now I just use the top half of the tank.
I think I got the hose from one of those Biofuel Brother places....

fpchief

That would be a good idea, I found out it will suck air on hills, when you get down to 12-14 gallons left in the tank... (without being mounted lower).
That Viton hose is a little hard to find and kind of pricey. I bought a 2' section for close to $50 (and ended up using the one that I already had, it was in great shape). I plan to lower my pump this summer, now I just use the top half of the tank.
I think I got the hose from one of those Biofuel Brother places....
Surely I can use any diesel rated hose right?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Parker pump waiting install. Did you splice the electrical leads or adapt the original connector. I haven't pulled the original pump out yet.
JC

fpchief

I have a Parker pump waiting install. Did you splice the electrical leads or adapt the original connector. I haven't pulled the original pump out yet.
JC
As far as installing in the frame, it was a direct bolt in. I cut the harness going Into the original pump, spliced the black wires together, and mounted the white wire with the existing ground strait to the pump chassis/frame. I did try leaving the white ground on parker loose, thinking it may get its ground from the chassis but it was a no go. That pump is so quiet.

TsgtB

I was able to get 2.5 quarts (total) of "00 grease" in my winch yesterday, the temp was low 60s so it flowed ok,
I feel like I got about the same amount in each side, filling from the top is tough as it wont bubble without being burped with a finger (or ratchet extension).
I'll try and get more in it as it settles.
I got my leaking rear heater hose tight (doubled up the hose clamps).
I loosened up my clutch pedal, so it returns on its own.
So it should be ready for any "winter event" (if we get any this year).

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you putting it back in the same location on the rack, where you took off the old pump?
Since it sucks from the sides and not the bottom, it can be lowered deeper in the tank.
That's really helpful info there, thanks! Not that I've had any problems with my original in-tank pump but this above comment and the fact that I can "run out of fuel" when on a hill with still 20% of a tank left... both pushed me over the top finally ordering a replacement from "beltfed34" on eBay...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks