• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

The Stig

Yeah that concern was for the supply lines, plus to get a glance at what was going into the secondary filters. The return lines were purely cosmetic.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm now a proud owner of a 0.69 geared transmission! Finished the job mid last week and have been driving and playing with the fuel adjustment. Main goal for the project was to lower my RPMs but still achieve 60-65 MPH. Just enough to pass a rig on the highway, not to hot rod around all that much. So far running about 900-950 cruising at 65 on flat land unloaded, 2200 RPM.

Nice work, looks like you're "goodwithgears", also. I wish I had that time.

fpchief

Got the OD sprayed today. Started getting too windy to finish. Went through one gallon of rapco. I have to say something good about the sprayer. Got a husky hvlp with synthetic handle, and it performed flawlessly.

DDurb

Swapped my D turbo for a whistler this afternoon. Sounds so sweet that I kept driving up and down driveway till I finally annoyed my wife and was told to find somewhere else to play. So I did, and buried the M35 to the axles in the back yard. Gotta love them wenches, I mean winches :)

Dave

TsgtB

I used the deuce to build a 12x16 pavilion in our back yard. Sure is nice to be able to work from a 8x13 scaffold (tailgate down). Being able to step up on the bed rails put me up almost 6', so it's really nice to have a very stable work platform to get things done, without being up and down on a dang ladder all day....

Another Ahab

Used the deuce to pick up some free 10' x 5' palettes from a neighbor to make an enclosure for the bees which come tomorrow.
I used to keep a few hives out in Potomac, a long time ago. Learned my beekeeping from Dewey Carron, back when he was the nation's guru at UMD (College Park).

How long have you been keeping bees, pitpawten?

Another Ahab

I'll cut this drift short, but that's an important day for you then; congratulations!

Beekeeping is good stuff; the ladies work hard and they are your friends. Enjoy!

rustystud

I used to keep a few hives out in Potomac, a long time ago. Learned my beekeeping from Dewey Carron, back when he was the nation's guru at UMD (College Park).

How long have you been keeping bees, pitpawten?
I had a few hives for years then the "sickness" hit me and the whole hive died ! I haven't had the stomach to do all that work again and see it all go down the drain. Not until they come up with an answer for the "colony collapse disease" .
Oh and I worked on the deuce ! Have to keep on topic !

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Well the other day I got my Deuce an Easter present.

Got a geared lug wrench for it.

Might get a chance to try it out tomorrow.

Aussie.
Those things are fantastic, it's amazing what it will turn off. Use the hand crank only, no power tools.

daytonatrbo

Used it as a landmark. Had a guy come to buy my motorcycle. Gave him my address and said "you can't miss it, there's a big army truck in the front yard."

He was very happy with the bike, but his kid was ticked off that they left without the deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks