• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

jbayer

I took two 3 step stands I got from from Sportsmans Guide, cut them apart, welded them back together as a 2 step stand, and a 4 step stand that I can use to get in the back of the Deuce. A little heavy being steel, but that's all I have right now. Not quite sure how to use the 2 stepper yet.
steps.jpg

fpchief

I took two 3 step stands I got from from Sportsmans Guide, cut them apart, welded them back together as a 2 step stand, and a 4 step stand that I can use to get in the back of the Deuce. A little heavy being steel, but that's all I have right now. Not quite sure how to use the 2 stepper yet.
View attachment 617471
Fine job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jeeper10

Finished changing all three axles gear oil. Man that's a lot of gear lube. My front had a few ounces of water in it so I'm definately happy I changed it, I'll be needing to do those boots and seals soon I guess. Cheers

Seth_O

Finished trouble-shooting a no/slow start issue. Ended up replacing a 6mos old battery. Managed to get both my deuce batteries (group 31) and my civvy 12v battery into the battery box. Then I took my 7yo for a ride. He loves the truck.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Applied marvel mystery oil to two stuck M35 engines, filled up the cylinders to the top. added every day for a week and a half. For the engine on the stand, I uswed a crowbar to move the flywheel, and it turned ! For the engine in the Police truck, I used the starter, and it turned too! I am very happy there engines turn free, and I will proceed to run them

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Today we completed the brake adjustments all round. Then rewired the turn signal circuit. Rewired the ignition and starter circuit. (As the b...y thing STARTED UP without being asked to!( ..scary or what, So had to be rewired as we could not "trust" it obviously. Put a new in tank pump in the new old tank. The other (run on waste motor oil) was TOTALLY crudded up way beyond redemption. Changed the headlights H4s with 90/100w blue bulbs. The next few days will be to carry out a respray, and fit a siren kit. Meb'be even a "wolo" fire chief air horn I have kicking around somwhere. After all that a Full srvice filters oils the whole works.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

So today and most of the night we worked to finish the tasks on this truck I bought back..here are pictures of the progress..Complete oil changes,,A pre lube engine oil pump fitted.. tomorrow the other front wheel bearing re pack and brake adjust..Weld the slipping wheel conversion wheel studs again. I Am SO tired..and aching from this necessary work..at my age,,,ho hum..

Attachments

fpchief

Drove it to pick up some pails of 15w-40 and 80/90. About 2 miles from the house I noticed someone's brakes are grabbing due to the smell. I thought it was my parking brake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Another Ahab

So today and most of the night we worked to finish the tasks on this truck I bought back..here are pictures of the progress..Complete oil changes,,A pre lube engine oil pump fitted.. tomorrow the other front wheel bearing re pack and brake adjust..Weld the slipping wheel conversion wheel studs again. I Am SO tired..and aching from this necessary work..at my age,,,ho hum..
That's an interesting finish you got there on your slab, dmetalmiki. It might be common your side of the pond, but I've never run into it here. Looks like it was raked in two different directions; did you place the slab yourself?

rustystud

What is the hose going to the differential all about ? Also what is that canister by the differential with the dangling wires all about ? The pictures came out pretty fuzzy and I cannot make out all the details.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The can with the wires is the pre-oiler pump. It looks like its under the radiator not near the differential. I'm guessing it pulls oil from the oilpan and pumps it into the oil filters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks