• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

dmetalmiki

Well today proceeding with the complete service of my "bought back" truck..and after changing the fuel tank and pump the filters (fuel all) were an absolute disgrace/disaster..in all my years (Many!) I have NEVER seen such lack of maintenance and care!..took a whole day to clean things up/out..new filters filters flushing..cleaning..UGH! pictures to show..HOW this tuck even drove 10 miles astonishes me. Pictures of the CRUD from the fuel filters!
The apprentice kid fitted an in tank pump cut off switch (to stop it running aimlessly hour after hour for NO reason.) And the wheel bearings were repacked, (drivers side) brake adjusted and wheel cylinders checked, the wheel studs welded in the hubs to prevent "skidding" when trying to undo them. An engine pre lube oil pump was wired up, A replacement air regulator was fitted to cure air tank constant "blow off", a turn signal flasher unit and the column selector.. and we are good to to go. Only the rear wheel hub seals to change and the jobs completed. My fork truck is an absolute gem! lifts 3 1/2 ton side shift..and fork positioner..makes life that much easier..BUT seriously my knees,,ARE,,Killing!.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

The wheel picture shows the wheel studs graphite greased to enable EQUAL torque, And NON of this could be accomplished without the "apprentices"..Gems! seriously. Keeps the hobby / fleet up and running.

mmeridith

Today... installed new front windshields (old frames were rotten), new LED taillights. Tomorrow...oil change & install new spin on filter kits for fuel & oil.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally seeing some progress. Ran another wire , and finished up insulation. Changed my mind on new steel and put up some really nice plywood for the back wall. Oh yeah wired up some of the ceiling lights!

Attachments

Aussie Bloke

brian s

Went for a ride and found out that I have a leak in my radiator .
Time to have a custom one made. not going to pay $800.00-900.00
For a nos one

brian s

It's not to bad but a leak is a leak.
I'm going to call around tomorrow. Sense I work in the racing industry I might be able to get a deal on one

m109a2

l I did not do a lot today fired up the deuce and let it purr the wife fixed me a drink and I had a thought this does not happen often so I might ought to post.A year or so I saw a tv show powerblock extreme 4x4 and they did a bob job on a deuce not my cup of tea but it was interesting. Al

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
G'day everyone,....

Yesterday I mate and I took my Deuce out for a run in the rain,...

I need to replace those window seals,...

Also I confirmed last night that my blackout lights work,... except for front drivers side, will have to look at that one next time.

Just looks so cool! Aussie.

Even with NEW seals, it will still leak!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Even with NEW seals, it will still leak!

Well water only came in where the seals had flaked away because they were dried out, brittle and had cracked.
You can see clear gaps/holes.

So if I put in new rubber seals that fit ALL the way around it should seal ok.
At least that's my thought process.

I'll do the same with the doors as well.

Also got a bottle of air-tool oil yesterday to lubricate the wiper motors.
The passenger side motor was binding up a bit.
Hopefully I won't need to disassemble them, clean, lubricate, reassemble.

Ah,... the constant love,....
;)

Aussie.

Seth_O

G'day everyone,....

Yesterday I mate and I took my Deuce out for a run in the rain,...

I need to replace those window seals,...

Also I confirmed last night that my blackout lights work,... except for front drivers side, will have to look at that one next time.

Just looks so cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJb8yb0EES0&list=PLWlo0FHJflTdlOxE6wRE9SChUKmEA-z20&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kd02zqAZEQ&list=PLWlo0FHJflTdlOxE6wRE9SChUKmEA-z20&index=7

Aussie.
Good looking truck, thanks for posting the vid's. I've never used the blackout lights, are they just IR, i.e. would I need IR goggles or a camera to see the 'light'? Also I noticed in your vid's that you're making constant, small corrections with the steering wheel. I have to do that with mine, but assumed it was something I needed to adjust out in my specific truck - is everyone else doing that as well? Is it endemic to the deuces?

m715mike

It was a good afternoon with the Deuce!

> Adjusted the parking break at the end of the cable by the break pads
> Replaced a bad windshield wiper motor
> Did some other odds and ends
> Passed the annual state safety inspection (at $7 I couldn't complain about the cost)
> Paid for one more year of registration (that was a bit more than $7 since I register it as a truck instead of a FMV)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks