• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Initial plan was to build a camper. I'm leaning towards an off road home on wheels and want to do some traveling in the near future.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

....... I've never used the blackout lights, are they just IR, i.e. would I need IR goggles or a camera to see the 'light'? Also I noticed in your vid's that you're making constant, small corrections with the steering wheel. I have to do that with mine, but assumed it was something I needed to adjust out in my specific truck - is everyone else doing that as well? Is it endemic to the deuces?

The blackout lights seem to be normal small globes, I don't think they are in fact IR or UV lights, I will take pictures of them next time I get my Deuce out of storage.

Also the corrections I was making with the steering was mostly because the road I was on was an old road with worn wheel tracks in it, over the decades the wheel tracks in the bitumen has been depressed and is lower so its like your wheels are in a trench though it is shallow so as your wheel run up/along the side of the trench/depression you get a little drag pulling the steering over so you tend to put in a little correction to the steering.
Otherwise my Deuce steers straight as an arrow on the flat!

Aussie.

So today and most of the night we worked to finish the tasks on this truck I bought back..here are pictures of the progress..Complete oil changes,,A pre lube engine oil pump fitted.. tomorrow the other front wheel bearing re pack and brake adjust..Weld the slipping wheel conversion wheel studs again. I Am SO tired..and aching from this necessary work..at my age,,,ho hum..
It'll keep ya young!

What is that line coming out of your oil filter?

Seth_O

Made some progress on the in-cab heater install. Finished painting the blower and core enclosure, and figured out the mounting of that part. Got the air line moved since it was going to be blocked.

Still need to suss out the diverter mounting, and get that sanded and painted. Baby steps.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab it's one of the things I decided to splurge on , it's from blazinbelltech. The top spins over as your putting it down and the whole thing folds up flat against the wall. Have a good storage idea for underneath of it !

FloridaAKM

I'm taking her tomorrow to the chemical plant where I work for a walkby inspection from 4 Star AF General "Fig" Newton (ret) when he comes to the plant to check it out. Why is he coming to the plant for an inspection, don't know, but for him to see an Air Force deuce in the parking lot of a homeland security facility should bring a smile & maybe a question as to who owns this & why is it here! ;)

It makes the rest of the big wigs wonder too, some actually like it!

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today ordered seals & dust boots for the PTO & Winch. Hope to have both units gone through and installed on the truck by June/July.

Today I installed a replacement fuel gauge and fixed the lights on my trailer.

Yesterday I did an oil/ filter change and degreased the motor to facilitate leak detection.

No oil leak, but a pretty steady fuel leak. Dripping from the line that goes to the fuel filters from the ip fuel pump.

Still need to investigate that further.. tried tightening the coupling but no joy. Maybe it's coming from further up.

No fuel in the oil though, so that's good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Today I collected my secondary fuel filters that I can source here at my end, funny thing is they are made in Mexico!
Also I collected the oil filters.

Now all I have left to do is find a local distributor for my primary fuel filter and air filter.
A job for next week.

Aussie.

Seth_O

Got my heater core back from the radiator shop. They boiled it, cleaned it up and pressure tested it. In their words "Its in remarkably great shape for its age."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks