• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Today I collected my secondary fuel filters that I can source here at my end, funny thing is they are made in Mexico!
Also I collected the oil filters.

Now all I have left to do is find a local distributor for my primary fuel filter and air filter.
A job for next week.

Aussie.
Good on ya, mate!

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Yesterday I mate and I took my Deuce out for a run in the rain,...

I need to replace those window seals,...

Also I confirmed last night that my blackout lights work,... except for front drivers side, will have to look at that one next time.

Just looks so cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJb8yb0EES0&list=PLWlo0FHJflTdlOxE6wRE9SChUKmEA-z20&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kd02zqAZEQ&list=PLWlo0FHJflTdlOxE6wRE9SChUKmEA-z20&index=7

Aussie.
Loved the videos, thanks for sharing. You part of Down Under sure looks different (& better) that where I lived (Woomera).

What's that thing bolted to your dash that your GPS is sitting on? Almost looks like the upper portion of a dual rifle mount.

I just finished up my brake light project. it turned out better than I thought it would. I rewired the lights and added some new ones. I started this project because I had a short in the wiring that I couldn't find. I'll be doing the front lights soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I just finished up my brake light project. it turned out better than I thought it would. I rewired the lights and added some new ones. I started this project because I had a short in the wiring that I couldn't find. I'll be doing the front lights soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Those look awesome and factory quality! Nice work!

chwhite0783

installed my Jatonka spin on oil filter kit. easy to install. touched up the rattle can paint job a little bit. next to do is check the brakes and adjust and front axle boots

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Loved the videos, thanks for sharing. You part of Down Under sure looks different (& better) that where I lived (Woomera).

What's that thing bolted to your dash that your GPS is sitting on? Almost looks like the upper portion of a dual rifle mount.

Correct!

That's exactly what it is, the double rifle retainer/rack.

Give that man a cigar!
;)

Aussie.

The Stig

Did an oil and filter change (complete with painting filters) and went to Caffeine and Octane at Perimeter mall (Always first Sunday of the month if anyone else in GA wants to attend)IMG_2078.jpgIMG_2079.jpgIMG_2101.jpg

dmetalmiki

I was properly miffed when trying to park up my (recently) re acquired deuce. Bangs and judders despite shifting vehicle position forward and backwards to "relieve" the pressure of "wind up". No use!. Today I decided to fit a set of freewheeling hubs. Problem eliminated, But will drive normally with the hubs locked as the (old version) deuce is a permanent 6x6 version. We never had this problem with the Kraz Zill or Ural.
My friends deuce bust the sprags with this problem and is now rear wheel drive only now.
Can a member "in the know" shoot us a fix, For the banging, and the fix for the broken sprags.

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm guessing it's not supposed to look like that...
Water? Or just old.
It looks like muddy water ecause it contains a large amount of muddy water.... so did the primary fuel filter....

Tomorrow will get me a look into the rear diffs and the transmission and hopefully a good look at the wheel bearings.

It's the wheel bearings I worry about. At least the diffs had some oil along with the water.

More pics to follow...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks