• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

daytonatrbo

That's looking nice; where did you get the flap?
We have a "truck parts" shop called FleetPride. It was $18 there. Wasn't worth shopping online at that price. The elbow was a little spendy at $40. I could have gotten stainless elsewhere for close to the same.

As for the orientation of the flap, I have it not fully facing back, but sideways and slightly back.

While "back" does allow the wind to hold it open when driving, I figured it would also create a small high pressure area right at the top of the stack. By turning it a bit sideways, it can lose most of that high pressure, while still having the benefit of being held open while under-way.

SRB1976

My alternator went out the other day:-( Sucks because the deuce is pretty much my daily driver. I ordered the parts but haven't gotten them yet. I decided to get the kit from tm america to install an AC delco alternator instead of the $500.00 original. I already removed the old alternator and I discovered that the bracket was broken.

IMG_20160513_173846639[1].jpgIMG_20160513_173908106[1].jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

My alternator went out the other day:-( Sucks because the deuce is pretty much my daily driver. I ordered the parts but haven't gotten them yet. I decided to get the kit from tm america to install an AC delco alternator instead of the $500.00 original. I already removed the old alternator and I discovered that the bracket was broken.
That stinks. Sure hope the parts arrive soon so you're back up and running chop-chop.

Last night I started working on my troop seats. Turns out I don't have all the right stakes. I have two passenger side front stakes and no driver's side rear.
I may just drill new holes in the slats and make that sucker work anyway.

Another Ahab

Started plumbing in the bathroom and put in a door, and some other little things.
theeDIZ, that was great on Sunday to put the face with the name with you for T.A.P.S.; thanks a million for being there, and sure hope you had some fun.

It looks like you're plumbing the WC with PEX. I know about it, but never actually worked with it; are you totally sold on the system, over something like say the soft coiled copper?

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab was for a good cause and I enjoyed myself. Was always a fan of copper and it took some serious convincing for years before I started liking the pex. It's quicker to install and holds up way better to the colder climate!

Another Ahab

Ahab was for a good cause and I enjoyed myself. Was always a fan of copper and it took some serious convincing for years before I started liking the pex. It's quicker to install and holds up way better to the colder climate!
It sure seems like the PEX is a no-brainer (cut-and-crimp), but I wasn't sure if there were maybe any negatives (but I can't think of a any). I'm guessing the cost is better than copper, right?

brian s

I do a lot of plumbing and swore by copper but after a buddy turned me on to pex that is all I use now. It has a really high burst rating