• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

I do a lot of plumbing and swore by copper but after a buddy turned me on to pex that is all I use now. It has a really high burst rating
Yeah, and what I heard that I like about it, is that the burst rating keeps it from splitting in a freeze:

- So you can plumb your lines in PEX without having to worry about insulating anything (if access or something makes that an issue).

Last edited:

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say more than copper but all depends on the job . Straight shot less expensive ,intricate and a lot of fittings or turns and T's it gets $$

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finish hanging banners on the truck and trailer for American Legion Post 19 & VFW. I'm almost done, the Armed Forces Day Parade is Saturday.

Got the troop seats installed. Still a little bit to do on that. I had to drill new holes for just about every stake, and on the passenger side the open end (I think it's supposed to be a handhold) was in the front and not the back. Last night I also backed off the wheel bearing nut on the passenger rear about 1/4 turn. It got up to about 150 during the initial test run after I replaced the axle seal on that side.

This morning I forgot my thermometer, but it feels a whole lot better.

Running great, stops great, and looks good in the parking lot! Life is good!

20160520_thebustedknuckle.jpg

Last edited:
My slats are fiberglass. So I just drilled what holes I needed and will come back later and fill the others with epoxy, then repaint.
I think if I were to replace them, I'd try to find another set of fiberglass ones. There's just not a whole lot that can go wrong with them.
Most guys who replace wood use various kinds of hardwood from what I've read.

I may have spoken too soon:
"Delivered: Your Amazon package with TMS 5 Gal 20L Green Steel Gasoline GasFuel Caddy Can Tank Emergency Backup Military"

I expect the War Department to impose economic (and possibly other) sanctions.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished vacuuming the cab, washed off any bird droppings, washed the leaves out of the bed, and a little touch up paint and were ready for tomorrows parade. The wind finally died down around 5:00pm, it had been blowing up to 55mph this afternoon. And today it was snowing in Reno.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the plumbing will be off a big freshwater tank and drain through the floor into a grey tank. The shower pan is going to be a custom job , I need more space than the standard rv pans provide!

archmark

Finally got two tires changed, one of which blew out on me down in Bryan at the Museum of the GI get together last month(?). If you ever have tire problems in Waco, limp over to Lone Star Tire at Hwy. 77 & Waco Dr. They're 1st come, first served, but they had me in and out in maybe 30 minutes at the most. The shop isn't much to look at but those folks know their biz...

Mark

Another Ahab

All the plumbing will be off a big freshwater tank and drain through the floor into a grey tank. The shower pan is going to be a custom job , I need more space than the standard rv pans provide!
That's going to be slick! How are you going to do the shower walls, full sheets of fiberglass or something?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks