• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

I moonlight for a local paintball field. It's attached to a Family Entertainment Center called Shenanigans. Each year we participate in the local parades, and last weekend was the biggest one. Our city goes from 35,000 people to over 100,000 for the weekend. We throw a DJ and a Tiki bar in the back of the deuce, and roll LOUD. Everyone says they can hear us long before they see us. Everyone loves the truck.
It looks like a lot of fun!

Was there an occasion for the parade, or is it just a parade for the sake of a parade?!

m715mike

I moonlight for a local paintball field. It's attached to a Family Entertainment Center called Shenanigans. Each year we participate in the local parades, and last weekend was the biggest one. Our city goes from 35,000 people to over 100,000 for the weekend. We throw a DJ and a Tiki bar in the back of the deuce, and roll LOUD. Everyone says they can hear us long before they see us. Everyone loves the truck.

That's awesome!!!!

What was the power source for the DJ's equipment? Did you have a small generator on board?

TsgtB

I got my turn signals back, one wire come loose on previous owners blinker mod.
I jumped my air switch wires together and brakes light up, so I now I'll change my switch.
Function checked my heater blower, and took it for a short spin around the neighborhood.
One of my rear hubs still getting "warm" but not HOT after inner/outer seal replacement, so
I'm wondering if new seals "wear in" some as I know I backed off a little extra on the axle nut....

Aussie Bloke

• G'day everyone,....

Got a few moments to unpack my gifts for my Deuce,...

Got a slave cable to jump start it if needed.

PIC_0266.JPG

Also got a set of airlines for a trailer, for just in case,....

PIC_0268.JPG

Also got a 'Ken-Tool' for the lug/wheel nuts,....

PIC_0267.JPG

I then went and did a small job I have been meaning to get done since I got my Deuce almost a year ago,...
That's put the winch cable back ON the drum,....

PIC_0269.JPG

FINNALY got it done,...
Mind you the cable was tangled up and had two knots in it that I had to undo and lay out before I could get it put on the drum.
Its only loosly on just for now but later I will wind it on under load so the cable seats better.

PIC_0270.JPG

The slight surface rust I will attend to when I wind it back on under load just like I do with my 4x4's winch.
I will drizzle some old engine oil along the cable and then wind it in, that way it is protected from the weather etc and over time it works its way between the strands and reduces wear.

Aussie.

Last edited:

TsgtB

I changed my trans fluid, found my trans grounding strap was on the wrong side of an air vent line and rubbing, so that was corrected.
I was able to get more corn head grease in my winch since it was cold last time and it wouldn't flow.|
I banged the mostly empty "00" bottle on my winch cable, it was a little more than I expected, but I'm hoping it will migrate into the spool.
Added some coolant to compensate for last winters heater install, just visible in the bottom of the neck.
Added a few ounces of Dot 5 to my remote, and monitoring a minor master cylinder leak.
Turn signal wires repaired, new air brake switch installed=fully mission capable.
Hauled 1.5 cord firewood short trip for neighbors.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Just renewed my car club membership for the Deuce and in 2 days will go pay for another years rego for the Deuce.

Also I just found a 1-2 inch hole in the J-pipe, will get some exhaust tape to patch it with until I can get another J-pipe.
:(

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Went and put my Deuce back into its storage and 30mtrs out a nail ran out and impaled itself into the right hand side rear tyre.
Second flat tyre since I got it, only 8 spares left not counting the one on the Deuce.

I'll have to get some new inner tubes later.

Aussie.

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,....

Went and put my Deuce back into its storage and 30mtrs out a nail ran out and impaled itself into the right hand side rear tyre.
Second flat tyre since I got it, only 8 spares left not counting the one on the Deuce.
You're just on a lucky streak, Aussie Bloke.

But you know that "three's the charm"!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks