• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

The Jerry can rack was already on the truck when i aquired the vehicle, so unfortunately I cannot take any glory for its design.
For safety reasons I do not run the truck on the road with the cans full of fuel :D
You don't have to just run fuel in these cans. At work on the wreckers (they have 6) we have our Anti-freeze, engine oil, gear oil, transmission oil in them. I plan to have spare anti-freeze and engine oil in mine for my trip.

AZK9

... I plan to have spare anti-freeze and engine oil in mine for my trip.
I assume the trip is the Alaska trip. If so... I was really hoping to be able to possibly join you for that experience,
but now... with my deuce on the east coast until next summer... I'll likely have to rethink things. I've probably got
a good two months of tasks in front of me (working on my own) to get it prepared for that kind of adventure.

rustystud

I assume the trip is the Alaska trip. If so... I was really hoping to be able to possibly join you for that experience,
but now... with my deuce on the east coast until next summer... I'll likely have to rethink things. I've probably got
a good two months of tasks in front of me (working on my own) to get it prepared for that kind of adventure.
Yes I was referring to the "Great Alaskan Expedition" . The plan is to go in July or August. The roads should be the best during that time. I would love the company if you can make it ! The more the merrier I say. Plus if breakdowns occur then it really helps to have lots of capable hands to help out.

Another Ahab

Yes I was referring to the "Great Alaskan Expedition" . The plan is to go in July or August. The roads should be the best during that time. I would love the company if you can make it ! The more the merrier I say. Plus if breakdowns occur then it really helps to have lots of capable hands to help out.
A buddy along is almost always a good plan for any adventure.

Plus it also gives us armchair adventurers a chance to fact-check some of the stories that come back!

fish-ruler-e1395344363327.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
OK I fixed it all. So 09172012 until 03192016.
Hey I am catching up.
All the lines were on there since built. I replaced it all, thanks

oops that wa s03192016 now is 7 months later
The time goers away so fast
Was I having fun?

IMG_9279.jpg

Last edited:

Maverick1701

I am getting my old M35A2 back next month. I sold my M35 to my parents back in 2013 (They borrowed it for a parade and fell in love with it). They called me earlier this week and asked if I wanted it back (apparently they are tired of spending the money for monthly storage). Of course I said "HECK YES!! I miss my deuce". So once again I will be back in my M35A2. I can't wait!!

ScubaCat

Well I went down to Home Depot today and they do not carry Red Oak. The only hard wood they do carry is White Oak. The problem with this Oak is it is made from smaller pieces glued together ! You can see the glue lines !

I would use teak...If it's good enough to use for Yugoslav AK stocks, it's durable enough for these trucks...

ScubaCat

I used to chase business with them up there.

There is a lot of fine eye candy hardware rolling around that place. I think Letterkenny was the MRAP re-build depot for a while.
Still is I believe, saw several buildings with MRAPS in various states of assembly/disassembly when I was there about 2 months ago...

texas30cal

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
This started out as fixing/replacing the oil pressure gauge but my ocd took over. Still have to finish the glove box door but my blast cabinet needs a new window, where can I get the grommets for the panel lights? And the big one where the main harness comes through the firewall?

Last edited:

Jericho

Any auto parts store sells grommets in a box of a dozen sizes. Bulb light cover rubbers are the same size as garden hose seal/gaskets, and come in a variety of colors ! Nice job, glad my oil gauge is working LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks