• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
My back hurts, and all I did was READ about moving those tires. :popcorn:
see post 6044 this thread

Deuce tire/wheel is maybe 180lbs, too much for me to toss around let alone 400lbs of 395/wheel/run flats.

Safety first as one can not pursue working on truck with a broken lever.
Spine is a first class lever? Load is greatest at the fulcrum.
Excessive load breaks fulcrum of the first class lever.
Fulcrum is the disks and facet joints.
Safety first, use a mechanical lever, hundred + eighteen bucks.
......... and a picture for the General.
truck bed jib crane 118 bucks 11012016.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?67703-What-did-you-do-to-your-deuce-this-week/page152

Last edited:

Eliteweapons

see post 6044 this thread

Deuce tire/wheel is maybe 180lbs, too much for me to toss around let alone 400lbs of 395/wheel/run flats.

Safety first as one can not pursue working on truck with a broken lever.
Spine is a first class lever? Load is greatest at the fulcrum.
Excessive load breaks fulcrum of the first class lever.
Fulcrum is the disks and facet joints.
Safety first, use a mechanical lever, hundred + eighteen bucks.
......... and a picture for the General.
View attachment 656267
View attachment 656268

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?67703-What-did-you-do-to-your-deuce-this-week/page152

Did you make that crane or buy the truck with it? I need to make one and was curious about the swing post.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well today in about an hour and a half I will be collecting my Deuce to start an epic 800klm+ trip over the next 4 days to move my mother into her new place.

I have budgeted $600.00 towards fuel for around 3 full tanks.

I guess I will find out what I get mileage wise.

See you all in 4 days,...

Aussie.

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,....

Well today in about an hour and a half I will be collecting my Deuce to start an epic 800klm+ trip over the next 4 days to move my mother into her new place.

Aussie.
Are you also using the rig for hauling her furniture and such; doing it all in one trip?

The King Machine

G'day everyone,....

Aussie.

I'd say you will use 2 of those 3 tanks......any bets?

I did 550km on 1.25 of a tank. Fresh filters and injectors

Last edited:

HanksDeuce

I finished up repairs (new wheel bearings, axle seals, tie rods, greased tip-to-tail, axle fluid, transfer case fluid) from the August 2016 Louisiana Flood and finally hit the road again with my bobbed deuce! Couldn't tell the Ouverson locker was back there in the rear. Maybe I'm driving too cautious? See my build thread -direct post- here if you want to comment on the locker.

Drained 2 gallons off the bottom of the fuel tank just to be on the safe side. I drained a few ounces of water out of the fuel / water separator. I'll change it tomorrow. Not sure if this Wix filter is a saturation type that needs to be thrown away right after water hits it? Drove her 60 miles tonight. Started off slow and gradually increased to top speed. Taking it slow in the turns until I learn the locker habits. Hubs aren't that warm. 50 lb-ft on the inner axle nuts and back off 1/4 turn. That's the loose setting from the TM (instead of only back off 1/8 turn).

jking615

This week is week number 12 of my head gasket and overall engine bay overhaul of my deuce. Yesterday I learned the important lesson of being clear on whether something is inch lbs or Foot lbs. I also learned that my vocabulary is much larger than I expected. I was standing up from the passenger wheel well and the edge of the trim above the headlights caught my pants. I fell down below the engine on one side and sprained my ankle and broke two toes. Before the Adrenalin wore out I pounded the edge of that piece of metal flat with the nearest hammer I could find. No more slips for me.

As for the bolt that snapped, I was torquing the injector hold down bolts to a nice 160 foot-lbs as I thought the manual said when it snapped off about a inch above the head surface. Easy extraction, but still a gut wrenching moment. I will be out of commission for a few days while nursing my foot, so no climbing Mount Deuce and a Half for a few days.

rustystud

This week is week number 12 of my head gasket and overall engine bay overhaul of my deuce. Yesterday I learned the important lesson of being clear on whether something is inch lbs or Foot lbs. I also learned that my vocabulary is much larger than I expected. I was standing up from the passenger wheel well and the edge of the trim above the headlights caught my pants. I fell down below the engine on one side and sprained my ankle and broke two toes. Before the Adrenalin wore out I pounded the edge of that piece of metal flat with the nearest hammer I could find. No more slips for me.

As for the bolt that snapped, I was torquing the injector hold down bolts to a nice 160 foot-lbs as I thought the manual said when it snapped off about a inch above the head surface. Easy extraction, but still a gut wrenching moment. I will be out of commission for a few days while nursing my foot, so no climbing Mount Deuce and a Half for a few days.
Wow ! Two lessons learned in one day ! Foot pounds versus inch pounds and watch where your moving on the deuce. Some days can be really exciting ! :wink:

jking615

Wow ! Two lessons learned in one day ! Foot pounds versus inch pounds and watch where your moving on the deuce. Some days can be really exciting ! :wink:
I had even written down inch-lbs! Really started to kick myself in the britches after that. At least the local Home Depot carries the same sized bolts in Grade 8. I really should stop working after sundown, because that is when I start slipping up and getting hurt, but I get so excited when I am this close to being done. I think I will spend tomorrow sand blasting the exhaust manifold and turbo down so that I can get some high temp paint on them. I have such a small list of things to get done now that I have to constantly remind myself to make sure not to rush anything or I might miss an important detail.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

I'd say you will use 2 of those 3 tanks......any bets?

I did 550km on 1.25 of a tank. Fresh filters and injectors

Well I'm back!

954klms in all, $266.02 for 218ltrs + $31.00 for 4ltrs of engine oil to mix in with the last tank of fuel.

My butt is tired!!

But it was Darned fun driving it all that way in that open country,....

Did I mention my butt is tired?

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

That's a great upgrade you have done there!

I want to keep mine original looking as I can.

I am having my seats recovered and having new thicker padding put in the seat bases.

A job that should be done by end of January.

I am looking at changing the diff, gearbox, trans case and engine oils next chance I get.

Aussie.

restlessrobie

So I spent the weekend fixing my fuel issue. Drained and pulled the tank to find the previous owner had coated the tank with the fuel pump and sender still in the tank. I also mounted the tank in the correct location. Replaced the sender with an M35 sender had to shorten the float a little but it works now I have a fuel guage again. Best part was my nosey neighbor about shat himself when he saw me welding on the tank. I told him I should be fine cause it was full. Actually had drained and vented it the night before and filled it with CO2. No more leaks and the girl runs a **** of a lot better with fresh fuel and actual fuel pressure and volume. Mounted a temp external pump until I find more desirable location possibly under the hood.

Another Ahab

I'm sure sorry about the fall, but that's a funny comment about Mt. Deuce. :naner:

jking615

Well I hammered out the piece of metal that kept grabbing me. It'd raining in Florida right now so no working today anyways. Instead we went and got my fiancé her CC permit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks