• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

deuce2

I changed the motor oil, and flushed the trans yesterday. I feel accomplished. The trans only had a half quart of oil. Glad i checked..

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Disconnected fuel return line electrical power to float, I removed 20 gallons of diesel from fuel tank removed the fuel tank from my deuce, removed float assembly and the rust build up from the float assembly. removed rust build up from in tank fuel pump,repaired splice on in in tank pump, cleaned inside of fuel tank sanded and primed fuel tank exterior,did the same with fuel tank mounting brackets sanded and primed, measured and cut straps for fuel tank brackets ( used 1" tie down straps from harbor fright) 

m715

While winching standing timber along my Nabors fence line I managed to smash my tail light ,my glad hand and rip off the mud flap all in one swift move. I also smelled a new to me fragrance of diesel smoke. I had about 75 feet of winch cable out, with a tow strap 25 feet up a dying hemlock tree. I had notched the tree and was backing up as the tree was falling when my foot slipped off the clutch. I was about to hit a stump behind the truck, and couldn't get my foot back on clutch in time. I hit the break almost stalling the motor before I was able to get back on the clutch. I have a failed tkr and use both feet driving. Anyway the cab filled with diesel smoke I think came from the air filter hosing and the engine was knocking badly. I shut down the motor sitting in a cloud of smoke with a smell I haven't smelled before wondering what the heck I just did. I waited a bit and started the motor, it ran rough for a bit then went smooth aging.

winfred

i suspect you stalled and bump started it up backwards, if you'd tried to move it would've gone the wrong direction, problem is oil pump is not pumping so this is not a good thing to explore, happens to my bobcat once in a while if i am pushing too hard and don't get off the sticks before it stalls and the backflow from the hydraulic pump bump starts the engine

deuce2

I think I may just drive it for a little while. She's running better and better every time. Still can't get her above 20mph yet. slow progress is better than no progress.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I may just drive it for a little while. She's running better and better every time. Still can't get her above 20mph yet. slow progress is better than no progress.
The deuce won't go over 20mph? Something major is wrong.. is it in low gear? How is it running in neutral?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Kaiser67M715

The deuce won't go over 20mph? Something major is wrong.. is it in low gear? How is it running in neutral?

If it's been sitting, could be rings, or just a little gummed up, my deuce gasser the first few times I had her going down the road-would not want to climb any sort of incline, fell on its face. A couple more runs and now she only slows down on the steepest/longest inclines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

That's not real good news, but the silver lining is:

- It should keep you free of all the "paying paper" for a while. :doghead::recovry4x4:

Police-officer-writing-a-ticket-Shutterstock-800x430.jpg

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's been sitting, could be rings, or just a little gummed up, my deuce gasser the first few times I had her going down the road-would not want to climb any sort of incline, fell on its face. A couple more runs and now she only slows down on the steepest/longest inclines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice to hear it worked itself out. I hope it does the same for this truck

deuce2

It had a gummed up IP. I replaced it, and changed the oil in the motor and the trans. She runs just fine in neutral. I put some marvel mystery oil in it and that helped alot.

deuce2

I just went and started it, and found a major hemorrhage of motor oil coming from the oil canisters. Guess my new seals must have shifted or went bad.. crummie.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just went and started it, and found a major hemorrhage of motor oil coming from the oil canisters. Guess my new seals must have shifted or went bad.. crummie.
Check installation torque, its like 75 or 80 ft lbs. Most don't put enough on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks