• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

tobyS

Nice truck! A little fresh Behr and it will look new. I bought several trucks when they were more plentiful for parts, but never could do it to a running truck (after I got them running).

Sparkyz911

It has been well taken care of for sure. Runs like a beast. It's had the spin on filter adapters already done, 11 20 GY 177/188s, 2inch hitch receiver and a bed crane put in. My only plans are reupholster the seats, bedliner the inside cab tub, install reverse lights w/switch mod, add the stencils (TP, fuel level, drain tank, check batts, etc), and an electric winch. Mechanically it needs nothing, well, except the normal maintenance stuff all deuces need.

Another Ahab

It has been well taken care of for sure. Runs like a beast. It's had the spin on filter adapters already done, 11 20 GY 177/188s, 2inch hitch receiver and a bed crane put in. My only plans are reupholster the seats, bedliner the inside cab tub, install reverse lights w/switch mod, add the stencils (TP, fuel level, drain tank, check batts, etc), and an electric winch. Mechanically it needs nothing, well, except the normal maintenance stuff all deuces need.
Man, you hit the jackpot with that find. :beer:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Pics as requested. Purchased this from another SS member. While doing my research I found that another SS member was the 2nd owner after DRMO released it. (The first photo credit goes to him). Still trying to track down the rest of the history. I initially planned on buying a beater and crew cab it (no bob) but this thing is in such great shape I'm gonna leave it as is.

View attachment 667857View attachment 667856
Beautiful truck!

nchittendon

Didn't realize how dirty she was until I hit it with the pressure washer.
20170222_215626.jpg

So, she got a bath. It was over due. Had to get all that road salt off.
20170222_222305.jpg

Once daylight hit, I noticed some rust forming where this bracket touches the pipe. I pulled the bracket, sanded, and slobbered a lot of paint on there. Should hold for a while.
20170223_124600.jpg

Then started fitment of my hood blanket.
20170223_135108.jpg

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't realize how dirty she was until I hit it with the pressure washer.
So, she got a bath. It was over due. Had to get all that road salt off.
Once daylight hit, I noticed some rust forming where this bracket touches the pipe. I pulled the bracket, sanded, and slobbered a lot of paint on there. Should hold for a while.
Then started fitment of my hood blanket.
Looks good! Taking care of little bits of rust as they form is excellent PM. Wish I had time to do that kind of detail work. Great work preserving that old iron!

deuce2

Pics as requested. Purchased this from another SS member. While doing my research I found that another SS member was the 2nd owner after DRMO released it. (The first photo credit goes to him). Still trying to track down the rest of the history. I initially planned on buying a beater and crew cab it (no bob) but this thing is in such great shape I'm gonna leave it as is.

View attachment 667857View attachment 667856
EXCELLENT! She looks wonderful. Ive only had one for about three months. Minor issues here nd there, but never the less, still fun.

tobyS

Winter fronts are nothing new, but don't believe I ever ran across a hood blanket.

Was that all part of one kit, or was the blanket a little harder to find?
I think I would like the insulation on the outside (removable) better than inside, where it seems to get water absorbed, then cause a rust issue.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I completed my cleaning out most of the bribe from in my fuel tank ,sanded and primed tank, rebuilt in tank pump,installed a pressure gauge in the discharge line, set it to the correct height at 14" measured from top to bottom,new hose and gasket, installed the correct fuse from 10 to 1 amp. installed fuel float .connected all lines,
I bought and installed 850 CCA batteries I purchased from coastco, $93.00 a piece the brand is interstate group 65, coverage is good for 42 month. ITEM # 850259 automotive fit code 4 with free replacement. g with installing them in the plastic stock battery holder that replaced the steel one that was there when I bought the deuce.
Turned accessories/ignition switch on ,in tank fuel pump putting out 10+ psi bled air from secondary and final filters. turned over motor with stop pulled out, pushed in stop and started motor , bled air from injectors.
Question when running my deuce with the new batteries the power gauge on the dash fluctuate from the green to just touching the yellow. battery voltage does not hold a steady 28vdc at 1200 rpms that also fluctuates from 28.5 to 27.? how do I stop this. also got my low air pressure buzzer to work,did not work when I bought her but I do need to replace the # 85 wire where do I get one. thanks

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

In an hour I'll collect my deuce and with luck by lunch time I'll have replaced my lower radiator hose and have the cooling system flushed and replaced with all new coolant.

Then tomorrow we will go to our first Car-Show.

:)

Aussie.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought and installed 850 CCA batteries I purchased from coastco, $93.00 a piece the brand is interstate group 65, coverage is good for 42 month. ITEM # 850259 automotive fit code 4 with free replacement. g with installing them in the plastic stock battery holder that replaced the steel one that was there when I bought the deuce.

Question when running my deuce with the new batteries the power gauge on the dash fluctuate from the green to just touching the yellow. battery voltage does not hold a steady 28vdc at 1200 rpms that also fluctuates from 28.5 to 27.? how do I stop this. also got my low air pressure buzzer to work,did not work when I bought her but I do need to replace the # 85 wire where do I get one. thanks
You can play with the screw on the alternator itself to increase or decrease your voltage. My gauges jump around no matter what I do... ya Costco always has awesome deals on everything

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,....

In an hour I'll collect my deuce and with luck by lunch time I'll have replaced my lower radiator hose and have the cooling system flushed and replaced with all new coolant.

Then tomorrow we will go to our first Car-Show.

Aussie.
You got to please get us some pics, Aussie Bloke.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

Ok,.... I am back after going to collect the Deuce,....

Wanna know what the saddest sound to hear is,...?

Its when you press the start button and all you get in return is: Click!

One of the batterys has melted its post.

I can lift the post up a whole inch it is that loose.

The lead has mostly melted off and just left the copper looking post behind, burned.

I still get 12.85V from both batts.

I will charge up the good batt over night and get a new batt to replace the one with the melted terminal Monday.

I have been meaning to replace the batt terminal clamps, I have them already but never got around to actually changing them over to the new brass ones I have.

And whats more I think I know when this happened, it was the Sunday when the radiator hose got the pinhole in it.

That morning when I went to start it there was a POP! and arcing sound but it started ok as normal, I had my mind on the coolant leak at that time,....

I have only gotten the Deuce out once since then and it started just fine last time.

Did I ever mention that the Universe is conspiring against me!??
:-x

Aussie.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,...

Ok,.... I am back after going to collect the Deuce,....

Wanna know what the saddest sound to hear is,...?

Its when you press the start button and all you get in return is: Click!

One of the batterys has melted its post.

I can lift the post up a whole inch it is that loose.

The lead has mostly melted off and just left the copper looking post behind, burned.

I still get 12.85V from both batts.

I will charge up the good batt over night and get a new batt to replace the one with the melted terminal Monday.

I have been meaning to replace the batt terminal clamps, I have them already but never got around to actually changing them over to the new brass ones I have.

And whats more I think I know when this happened, it was the Sunday when the radiator hose got the pinhole in it.

That morning when I went to start it there was a POP! and arcing sound but it started ok as normal, I had my mind on the coolant leak at that time,....

I have only gotten the Deuce out once since then and it started just fine last time.

Did I ever mention that the Universe is conspiring against me!??
:-x

Aussie.
It is always sad to hear bad things about our vehicles. I'm sorry to hear but on the bright side this is a very small problem. Be happy it's an easy fix. glad you figured it out

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

It is always sad to hear bad things about our vehicles. I'm sorry to hear but on the bright side this is a very small problem. Be happy it's an easy fix. glad you figured it out

Agreed, It is thankfully a small problem but it has ruined what was going to be a great weekend.

After the last weekends with hard work for others I needed to have some fun for me.
sigh,...

But once I got it done!,...
;)

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks