• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,...
Wanna know what the saddest sound to hear is,...?
Its when you press the start button and all you get in return is: Click!

Aussie.
It is always sad to hear bad things about our vehicles. I'm sorry to hear but on the bright side this is a very small problem. Be happy it's an easy fix. glad you figured it out
G'day everyone,.....

Agreed, It is thankfully a small problem but it has ruined what was going to be a great weekend.
Aussie.
An empty "Click" is absolutely a sad sound.

But maybe the saddest sound is when you hear "Click", and then... "BOOOM!"

Hang in there, Aussie Bloke; you know we're rooting for you!

tobyS

G'day everyone,...

Did I ever mention that the Universe is conspiring against me!??
:-x

Aussie.

That's why call this a disease.

Keeping tires up is my nemesis and a 929A2 air system I'm not looking forward to.

I'm thinking of making a set of blocks so the axles can't crush the empty tires as the full ones empty down.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

m715 you may be mistaking my Deuce for another as mine dose not have a hood blanket, I do have the front winter cover for mine though, but down here our winters are not as severe as over your end.

Aussie.

nchittendon

Winter fronts are nothing new, but don't believe I ever ran across a hood blanket.

Was that all part of one kit, or was the blanket a little harder to find?
When I bought the truck, the previous owner had already sourced the front piece. The hood blanket was something I sourced separately. And it is a harder piece to find. There are also side pieces that I have yet to find.

(not my truck in these pics)
received_783298701253.jpgreceived_783298706243.jpgreceived_783298711233.jpg

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics as requested. Purchased this from another SS member. While doing my research I found that another SS member was the 2nd owner after DRMO released it. (The first photo credit goes to him). Still trying to track down the rest of the history. I initially planned on buying a beater and crew cab it (no bob) but this thing is in such great shape I'm gonna leave it as is.

View attachment 667857View attachment 667856
She is a beauty! Congrats & welcome to the family.

tobyS

nice truck Sparky. I like your 11.00 duels. FYI, the 365 and 14.5 that is std on the A3 is the same OD (revolutions per mile) as the 11.00's, so can be put on the fronts if you want a bit more flotation (and radials). (I guess the 177 are radials)

Last edited:

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,...

Ok,.... I am back after going to collect the Deuce,....

Wanna know what the saddest sound to hear is,...?

Its when you press the start button and all you get in return is: Click!

One of the batterys has melted its post.

Did I ever mention that the Universe is conspiring against me!??

Aussie.
Aussie, I have felt your pain.

That happened to me in 1986 in a Chevy Silverado pickup with the 5.7 liter diesel (Chevy's insane experiment with taking the popular 350 gas engine & converting it to diesel). The batter connectors were the screw in on the side of the battery, not clamp to the top posts. I got in to start it, heard a pop, then everything went dead. Opened the hood & one of the terminals was wiggling in the air next to the battery. The lead that had been the screw in socket was dripping down the side of one #2 battery. Never did figure out why that happened & after replacing the battery, it never did it again.

deuce2

So a quick and painful update. The good news is I figured out why my oil filter canisters were leaking after the recent oil change. Come to find out I didnt pay close enough attention to what gaskets I put on out of the Napa oil filter box. Thankfully I still had the bigger ones. After install, no more oil stream.:razz: The bad news is i went to re-check the timing to find out why she is still sputtering and has no power. I think gimpyrobb was right. I think I installed the new pump 180 degrees out. I took the front cover off, and removed the three bolts holding the gear to the front of the pump. no luck turning or pulling the gear off now. Looks as though I will have to pull the pump off again and retry the whole thing all over. Live and learn I guess. At least i got to drive her twice before this happened. Thanks for all the support!:|:doh:

deuce2

I almost forgot, I did find a original military ladder that would have come with the truck to get in and out of the back of the van. So i guess it wasn't a complete waste of a day.:lol:

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A day late, but Saturday I took the Deuce to the El Mirage Classic Car Show. An M37 showed up too & won Best Truck (and rightfully so). Also some beautiful classics (lots more there, but these were my favorites).

IMAG8232.jpgIMAG8348.jpgIMAG8321.jpgIMAG8311.jpgIMAG8318.jpgIMAG8286.jpgIMAG8278.jpgIMAG8277.jpgIMAG8274.jpgIMAG8269.jpgIMAG8258.jpgIMAG8246.jpgIMAG8341.jpgIMAG8353.jpgIMAG8259.jpgIMAG8275.jpg

Sparkyz911

nice truck Sparky. I like your 11.00 duels. FYI, the 365 and 14.5 that is std on the A3 is the same OD (revolutions per mile) as the 11.00's, so can be put on the fronts if you want a bit more flotation (and radials). (I guess the 177 are radials)

Thanks for that bit of info, I'll put that in my deuce files for later reference. The GY's that are on it are uni-steels.

Another Ahab

A day late, but Saturday I took the Deuce to the El Mirage Classic Car Show. An M37 showed up too & won Best Truck (and rightfully so). Also some beautiful classics (lots more there, but these were my favorites).

View attachment 668422
Your deuce looks excellent, Wolfgang the Gray (and the history board is a fine touch, too).
And thanks for all the car pics! :drool: :drool: :drool: :naner:

Was the M37 a member of Steel Soldiers?

Last edited:

Yarz

Yours and the M37 are the best looking of the ones pictured. I may be a bit biased though.rofl

Another Ahab

Yours and the M37 are the best looking of the ones pictured. I may be a bit biased though.
I agree completely with Yarz, the OD Iron tops all, hands down. The paint job alone on both of your alls rigs is killer. And a deuce with the tarp top; who can touch it?!
But, tell you what: that Hudson is a real close second. :clinto:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looking at a Deuce broken alternator mounting bolt casting and faulty regulator.
Is there a way to identify if the alternator is a Leece-Neville 3002AD or 3002AE?
It is a front fan type. Are the parts for one identical to the parts for the other?

Anybody know where to get a new regulator for it?
deuce alternator types ps337_198.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_2151.jpg
IMG_2151.jpgIMG_2152.jpg
IMG_2155.jpg

deuce2

Well I have decided to pull the radiator off this friday in attempts to reset the timing on the IP. Wish me luck, and any advice to make things go easier or quicker would be greatly appreciated.. Im afraid I may have to replace the radiator hoses after I remove them. I guess i'll find out after they are off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks