• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

m715mike

Looking at a Deuce broken alternator mounting bolt casting and faulty regulator.
Is there a way to identify if the alternator is a Leece-Neville 3002AD or 3002AE?
It is a front fan type. Are the parts for one identical to the parts for the other?

Anybody know where to get a new regulator for it?

View attachment 668650
View attachment 668650

I broke my alternator casing in the exact same spot last November. My alternator was brand new! Yup, I was pretty mad with myself!

BCS Alternator & Starter in Bryan, Texas had spare parts in stock and fixed mine for about $80.

It may be worth calling some of your local alternator/starter shops.

deuce2

Looking at a Deuce broken alternator mounting bolt casting and faulty regulator.
Is there a way to identify if the alternator is a Leece-Neville 3002AD or 3002AE?
It is a front fan type. Are the parts for one identical to the parts for the other?

Anybody know where to get a new regulator for it?
View attachment 668648
View attachment 668649
View attachment 668650
View attachment 668650View attachment 668651
View attachment 668652
I dont know if this helps, but I found this for you. I think from reading it that the 3002AD, and 3002AE are very similar, if not the same. 1-12.DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MODELS .
Refer to table 1-4 for differences between
generator models covered in this manual.
1-13.
DESCRIPTION AND DATA.
a.
Basic Generator. The engine generators you will read about in this manual
produce 28-volt, 3-phase alternating current. These generators are self-cooled with
rotor shafts on either ball or roller bearings. Some models are belt driven. Other
models have a flexible direct drive coupling.
b. Internally Rectified Generators. Generator models AMA-5102UT, 3002AC,
3002AD,
3002AE and
2184AC haveinternal rectifiers.
These rectifiers change the
alternating current to direct current before it leaves the generator.
c .
Internally Regulated Generators. Generator models AMA-5102UT, 3002AC,
3002AD, and 3002AE besides having internal rectification, also have an internally
mounted voltage regulator. This device controls the output of the generator and
does away with the need for an external reguator.
d.
Tabulated Data. Refer to table 1-3 for tabulated data on each model generator
and regulator covered in this manual.
1-5

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your deuce looks excellent, Wolfgang the Gray (and the history board is a fine touch, too).
And thanks for all the car pics! :drool: :drool: :drool: :naner:

Was the M37 a member of Steel Soldiers?
Thanks for the kind words. M35A2-AZ deserves all the credit on the Deuce for it was 2-years of hard work that he did to make her the beauty she is today.

I think the M37 owner is on Steel Soldiers, but I don't know his Steel Soldiers name & it takes me a while to remember real names. I met him at the Jan MV show so it will take me a couple more chats to remember his name.

deuce2

I'll have to find some. not sure where to even start to look.
Normally I would't pull it out, but I have to gain better access to the front of the IP. I can't fit a small pulley puller in their with the rad in the way. So i guess she's gonna get a rad flush also.

winfred

didn't do em this week but finally got around to driving it with my new mirrors, scored them off a popular auction site for $50 delivered for the pair, mrap or something else modern, much better with the built in convex and not fading reflective material, they don't fit perfect but close enough in the stock mounts
IMG_3339.jpgIMG_3340.jpgIMG_3341.jpg
also replaced my wiper blades with something modern, rear on a suburban or something, cut the rivets out and drilled a hole in the arm for a small bolt to attach it through one of the vacated rivet holes

deuce2

didn't do em this week but finally got around to driving it with my new mirrors, scored them off a popular auction site for $50 delivered for the pair, mrap or something else modern, much better with the built in convex and not fading reflective material, they don't fit perfect but close enough in the stock mounts
View attachment 668666View attachment 668667View attachment 668668
also replaced my wiper blades with something modern, rear on a suburban or something, cut the rivets out and drilled a hole in the arm for a small bolt to attach it through one of the vacated rivet holes
I'll have to try that as well. That's a great idea. Modern wipers would be better by far.

m715mike

Another Ahab

I think the M37 owner is on Steel Soldiers, but I don't know his Steel Soldiers name & it takes me a while to remember real names. I met him at the Jan MV show so it will take me a couple more chats to remember his name.
I know what you mean, if you're maybe like me at all it'll pop into your head exactly at the time you don't need it anymore. :roll::mrgreen:

texas30cal

I got the trans and T case covers blasted, painted, insulated and installed along with the proper nuts for the jackshaft. I cleaned sanded and painted the pass rear inside of cab, Cleaned, scraped, ospho'd and herculined the pass side floorboard. Today installed the new pass side spring seat and finished the metalwork on the new/used hardtop. I'll try to put up some pics when I go to town and have signal.

rustystud

I broke my alternator casing in the exact same spot last November. My alternator was brand new! Yup, I was pretty mad with myself!

BCS Alternator & Starter in Bryan, Texas had spare parts in stock and fixed mine for about $80.

It may be worth calling some of your local alternator/starter shops.
That's why I always use "Anti-Seize" on my bolts when the other part is aluminum. That way there is no corrosion and the bolt will not seize to the aluminum. On a lot of newer alternators they install a steel insert on the mounting ear to prevent this from happening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks