• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Took Arabella out to the monthly Newnan Car Meet scene, she was a hit with almost 20 people in the bed for a ride [/IMG]IMG_1253.jpg

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

TsgtB

Made 3 trips to the brush/tree disposal site. First load of brush had to be unloaded by hand...
Then I figured i'd do a "dead head" (or whatever it's called), by wrapping a chain around a 4" log (about 4' long).
Buried near the cab, and let them brush site boys tug it out with their skid steer.
AMAZING, the entire load slid right out...
So I came home and loaded up the last load. DONE.
I was careful not to get the big limbs near the bench legs, but WOW... what a time saver.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bolted down the batteries, it says to check 'em every day. I don't even see the truck every day.
Made a poor mans hold down and refurbished the connections.
I found that charging batteries with out ALL the cables OFF is bad and more bad and costs $$ and time. Can fault the alternator regulator and or the dash gauge too. No I don't know how but I know it can.
IMG_2221.jpgIMG_1648.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_1651.jpgIMG_1653.jpg

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
sometimes must search by title
url's do not like cut and pasting
farticles get in there
search

brakes, reservoir, fluid, sight glass, deuce, M35A2, Deuce

and Thread: Remote Brake Fluid Reservoir

deuce2

I have to give a great many thanks to gimpyrobb for helping me out over the phone to figure out what i did wrong the first time. I installed a new IP about a month ago, and couldn't figure out why it was running rough. Found out today my timing was off. After pulling the valve cover to insure i was on tdc number one, i proceeded to remove the gear drive on the IP. Lined up the three marks as shown in the pics. Put everything back together as well as new rad hoses. The first try, she fired right up with no issues. I can now drive over 20mph, and she doesn't smoke white, or sputter at all.��

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started installing the standard Garwood winch yesterday. Have been taking some pics as I go, and will post some when I get back from the sandblaster tomorrow. So far so good.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The stencil on the inside of the hood is a nice item (for lots of reasons).
Did the stencil come with the rig as purchased, or did you add it?
The under/inside the hood stencil not used during WWll

In google books it will let you see where that came from.
Me thinks lots of people got hurt. Maybe other posters can say when the hood to cowl latch was incorporated.

goto
https://books.google.com/books?id=L...=onepage&q=safety stencil inside hood&f=false

that should show you page 496 and others

It is from a book STANDARD CATALOG OF US MILITARY VEHICLES 2end edition
David Doyle October 2003
ISBN:0-87349-508X now trending at (and selling good) at 44 bucks on a popular auction site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks