• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
When it started it came on full throttle. I hit the pedal a few times thinking something was stuck with no response so, I pulled the shutoff. Waited a few seconds to try to restart it and it wouldn't. The injector shop said it was locked up from the fuel. I'm embarrassed to say the diesel was orange when we drained it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno that I would trust them about that. I'd ask for it back and tear into it. You probably just lost the button from the bottom of the plunger.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This might be a better picture of what did the damage ha never would have thought a little bush could cause such harm. The wife thought it was pretty amusing. View attachment 687212

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Its a good thing the tailgate took the brunt of the dammage, it could have been your head! (might have knocked some sense into you)

Anyhoo. it doesn't look too bad, I bet we can fix it.

Akicita

Maybe you can convince the guy at the scrap yard to press the bent gate back into shape. Since the damage seems to be limited to that one "dent", it seems possible that a large press that can crunch a car can "iron out" that little crinkle.

I don't think the empty truck is heavy enough to straighten out the gate if you drove over it. That's the method I used to reduce the height of a wood pile (loose, not neatly stacked firewood) by about 80%.

Good luck !

Akicita

Installed Automatic Drain Valves on the air tanks today. No more crawling under the Deuce to drain the tanks.

View attachment 685711View attachment 685712
Is that a good idea?
I don't like to crawl under the truck either, particularly in snow, but I thought the point of draining the tanks was to let the escaping air blow out moisture that had accumulated in the tanks. I assume your automatic valves release excess air pressure just like on a modern big rig. That won't get rid of all the water that comes out of my tanks when I open the valves by hand. What we really need is an air drier.

Do you have four tanks on your truck? I see four auto-valves. I have only two air tanks.

Questions, questions, wandering minds want to know.

texas30cal

There are also manual valves with a cable attached so you can pull without getting under the truck. But being that far north you may need the heated valves.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not an answer, but maybe a clue. 14' 5ton drop side bed weighs #2000 +-25. Just the bed, lights and wiring, with mud flaps and hangers removed.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't be at all surprised if LMTV be was heavier than the deuce, there is some serious structure under those new beds.

kml9705

Is that a good idea?
I don't like to crawl under the truck either, particularly in snow, but I thought the point of draining the tanks was to let the escaping air blow out moisture that had accumulated in the tanks. I assume your automatic valves release excess air pressure just like on a modern big rig. That won't get rid of all the water that comes out of my tanks when I open the valves by hand. What we really need is an air drier.

Do you have four tanks on your truck? I see four auto-valves. I have only two air tanks.

Questions, questions, wandering minds want to know.
These valves let the moisture out, they are also heated with their own thermostat so that the moisture does not freeze in the winter. I still need to wire up the heater.s The idea of these is that they let the moisture out when it builds up instead of having to crawl under the truck to do it. It is all automatic and are used by modern big trucks. Just two tanks, pictures are from different angles.

Seth_O

I was helping a friend with a tree problem today and was happy to say I was able to help.... that is of course after my deuce paid the price😣

I have that exact same dent in my bobbed deuce, from doing that exact same thing. My 'solution' plans have ranged from driving over it to welding a chain to it and pulling it out. Interested to hear the route you end up going with.

Conversely, if anyone in NorCal is selling an M105 tailgate, PM me 😉

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have that exact same dent in my bobbed deuce, from doing that exact same thing. My 'solution' plans have ranged from driving over it to welding a chain to it and pulling it out. Interested to hear the route you end up going with.

Conversely, if anyone in NorCal is selling an M105 tailgate, PM me 😉
I'll just take the approach of looking for a new tailgate and have this one as back up. But it seems they are not as plentiful as they once were around here..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks