• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

I'm just saying about the added tool boxes.

And I only mention it since I ran into the issue somewhere once myself regarding traveling interstates.

If I remember right 8' wide is the federal maximum, though I'm not sure who would ever cite anybody for it unless the width was excessive.

Champ173rd

Thanks,
But this wont be going to far at all to be honest. I did look at it on the truck, Its kind of deceiving looking but it fits on a flatbed gooseneck trailer flush,
I'm just saying about the added tool boxes.

And I only mention it since I ran into the issue somewhere once myself regarding traveling interstates.

If I remember right 8' wide is the federal maximum, though I'm not sure who would ever cite anybody for it unless the width was excessive.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to raptor line the bed, get some bows and cover for this trailer bed. Its an m 101 with the outside fenders cut off and tool boxs mounted on the sides. I'd like to eventually get the small troop seats as well.
Since you don't have any need for the empty wheel wells on the trailer bed, before you raptor line it, I'd recommend cutting out the wheel wells and making it flat. You'd probably want to add supports under that section too. Then some grinding and touch up paint. Over simplifying the work involved, certainly, but in the long run, if it were me, I'd be happier with the bed.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

tobyS

Had the width discussion not long ago when I dualed up an M105 axle. It came out 8' 7 1/2" which is 1 1/2" over the legal limit -8' 6" for non-oversize width. How wide is it with the boxes?

Champ173rd

Well,
I got the bed already fabbed up off another 5 ton. I'll measure it up when I get home.
Had the width discussion not long ago when I dualed up an M105 axle. It came out 8' 7 1/2" which is 1 1/2" over the legal limit -8' 6" for non-oversize width. How wide is it with the boxes?

tobyS

Yes, I see. It made me go look at my donor 105 and the deuce bed to compare widths. The deuce bed is 2" under 8', so about same as your width. Your boxes must be about 9" deep, but like you say, you have the outer wheel well removed, so that doesn't hold them out. They look very handy and make the side of the bed usable, that fixed sides alone don't allow.

I was wondering about boxes on the side of the 105 bed I'm putting on 4x4 deuce and your photo's help...thanks. Mine will have to be smaller and will have the fender, even extending fender to at least as far out as the boxes. Seeing yours makes me want boxes the entire length.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks