• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

77 AMG

I got my new gauge panel "spider" harness in today from Eastern Surplus. The Deuce may not need electrical power to run, but I need it to be better able to keep an eye on what she is up to. Oh, yeah. I found this 13 Ton WLL snatch block at a local pawnshop. Any idea if it is "correct" for my truck? I'm going to grab it, since a snatch block that big is hard to find.

Attachments

Last edited:

rustystud

I got my new gauge panel "spider" harness in today from Eastern Surplus. The Deuce may not need electrical power to run, but I need it to be better able to keep an eye on what she is up to. Oh, yeah. I found this 13 Ton WLL snatch block at a local pawnshop. Any idea if it is "correct" for my truck? I'm going to grab it, since a snatch block that big is hard to find.
You really need a 20 ton snatch block with a 10 ton winch. I still would keep it though !

77 AMG

Thanks, Rustystud. I thought that it was a bit light duty, based on the GVW of the Deuce, but, like I said, I will get and keep it. If nothing else, I can use it for pulling OTHER vehicles loose/out of trouble... (*eeps come to mind, quite readily... )

77 AMG

I got my chain style towbar adapters in today from Castle Bravo. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day with the old beasty. *grins* Have collected a lot of stuff to install over the weekend. Pictures will be coming, of course!

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Painted my adapter plates.

...saving my nickles for wheels now...IMG_20181208_104612815_HDR.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Carl_in_NH

I just took mine out for a drive - and got a new inspection sticker on it. Now she'll be ready to roll out in the spring. Ready for a long winter's rest...

77 AMG

G'day, Aussie Bloke. The spider harness that I got came from Eastern Surplus. He/ they are a vendor on here. Part number for anyone looking is NSN 2590-00-220-5105. This is a 5 leg model. Be advised, there are several different types, with different NSNs' of course. Look under Electrical.

rustystud

I stumbled across a treasure trove at work yesterday- Bossman ain't too big on manuals, so..... A little bit of cash later.... :naner: :drool: :clinto:
I always get a surge of adrenaline when I find a score like that ! It has only happened about four times now, but each time was a special moment ! Feels like I found hidden treasure ! The last time was at this "Hippy Bookstore" in downtown Seattle. They had all their military stuff stashed in back so no one would be offended !!! Since they didn't value what they had I got it for a song ! That was a few years ago now. Most stashes like that are gone now :cry: .

rustystud

G'day everyone,....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtniVAfhr1g&feature=youtu.be

I'm tell'n ya,....

The universe conspires against me,.......

Aussie.
That's just a mild "shower" up here. Anyone of us from the Pacific Northwest would be out there working away. If it really starts to come down (think cow pissing on a flat rock) you just put up a tarp over the hood and keep working. To keep yourself motivated just think how nice it will be once your finished and you can go inside and relax ! :beer:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Well a little later it did bucket down,.....

Thought it might take the paintwork off,....

Next time I get to play with my Deuce will be just before Christmas,...

So with any luck it will be a dry cool day.

Aussie.

Last edited:

77 AMG

I always get a surge of adrenaline when I find a score like that ! It has only happened about four times now, but each time was a special moment ! Feels like I found hidden treasure ! The last time was at this "Hippy Bookstore" in downtown Seattle. They had all their military stuff stashed in back so no one would be offended !!! Since they didn't value what they had I got it for a song ! That was a few years ago now. Most stashes like that are gone now :cry: .
Yeah, I kind of felt like Carter when he found Tuts' tomb, way back when. I'm going to see if the boss will let me go through more of them and possibly start putting on the empty nuts/ bolts case that is upstairs, on the 4th floor, where they belong, with the rest of the vehicle parts.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided that I wanted to put new hoses on the Deuce because the two going to the water manifold were cracked badly.

IMG_20181211_125317.jpg IMG_20181211_125319.jpg
Well my heart stopped, did I crack the block? Did I blow the head gasket?

Nope, I tested it and it was all coolant, oil was pure in the block so I guess this is what happens when you mix green and orange antifreeze.

Moving on, I removed the grille took off the radiator and all the colland hoses and belts. Also for good measure I took off the water pump for easy hose removal to the water manifold.
IMG_20181211_143402.jpg IMG_20181211_152313.jpg
Side note, not having the flange wrench for the air compressor belt sucks. I used a comical oversized crescent wrench to take it off.
IMG_20181211_163111.jpg

Cleaned the front of the engine to almost perfectly od green clean and put it back together with new hardware, belts and hoses.

She looks good and I have more peace of mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks