• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter

77 AMG

Yes, it was. It had a HUGE rip in the bottom/backside of it and was considered N/R, or Non Repairable. I grabbed it out of a big Tri-wall box of them at work.

Last edited:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Well this isn't actually what I did with my Deuce but more of an interesting question that was asked of me about my Deuce,....

The business where I store my Deuce is building a new website and has asked me if I would be ok with them using a picture of my Deuce on their website?

I said I was ok with it, I then asked them if they wanted a staged photo shoot picture or a 'happy snap' style picture to use?

I should get a reply tomorrow.

Aussie.

Privatewrench

Recovered my passenger seat today. Used 2" dense foam on back and 3" dense foam on bottom. Looks great and kids say it's very comfortable. Shout out to Jatonka for the well made seat covers!
20181218_152902.jpg
I also adjusted the air pressure regulator. I was running about 80 psi and read a TM that said it should be running 100 to 105. I ended up putting it at about 95 psi for now to see how it does. I do notice the brake peddle is more firm.

rustystud

Recovered my passenger seat today. Used 2" dense foam on back and 3" dense foam on bottom. Looks great and kids say it's very comfortable. Shout out to Jatonka for the well made seat covers!
View attachment 751272
I also adjusted the air pressure regulator. I was running about 80 psi and read a TM that said it should be running 100 to 105. I ended up putting it at about 95 psi for now to see how it does. I do notice the brake peddle is more firm.
In todays truck world, the air pressure should be set to 120 PSI. That is industry standard.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I noticed my copper fuel line was crimped at one of the hangers...

I tried "un-crimping" it with a pair of vice-grips, horribly unsuccessful.

So I got all the pats to replace it, got it all bent up, got it all put back together... Just to find out that all the movement cracked the brittle rubber hose going to my IP. Argh!

...now to replace all the rubber lines... Might as well bypass the fdc at the same time.
IMG_20181208_131054183.jpgIMG_20181208_132839285.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

rustystud

So I noticed my copper fuel line was crimped at one of the hangers...

I tried "un-crimping" it with a pair of vice-grips, horribly unsuccessful.

So I got all the pats to replace it, got it all bent up, got it all put back together... Just to find out that all the movement cracked the brittle rubber hose going to my IP. Argh!

...now to replace all the rubber lines... Might as well bypass the fdc at the same time.
View attachment 751333View attachment 751334

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I would seriously consider replacing all your copper lines with some DOT Poly lines. Very reasonably priced and will last your lifetime. You can even reuse the brass fittings. Just get new ferrules and your good to go.

Privatewrench

20181219_210134.jpgGlad hand and plumbing to it were missing on my new truck. I ran new line and valve and put a new glad hand on. Check off another project! My low pressure switch doesn't work, and I was hoping to replace that last night too. The old one is in there tight, and it's not in the easiest place to get a good grip. I had to abort for now. I need to regroup and come up with a better game plan on removing the old one.aua

77 AMG

View attachment 751345Glad hand and plumbing to it were missing on my new truck. I ran new line and valve and put a new glad hand on. Check off another project! My low pressure switch doesn't work, and I was hoping to replace that last night too. The old one is in there tight, and it's not in the easiest place to get a good grip. I had to abort for now. I need to regroup and come up with a better game plan on removing the old one.aua
don't forget to locate a pair of glad hand covers to help road crap out of the hands!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks