• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update to Joe on At 1545. The good and bad. Your torque converter is toast...the rest is rebuildable but got damaged by metal that had to come from the TC. Fourth melted the piston but not so bad. Piston seal was 1/2 and heat did not get to the springs. Magnetic metal went from TC into everything. The governor had metal in the bearing and would hardly turn. We thought about sleeve but think it will clean up. Cleaning will go to every corner.

Let me know on arranging TC rebuild at Dacco.....you have no choice as we are sure there were no other sources of magnet metal.

Attachments

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

I finally changed the passenger seat on the deuce, I was wondering why no one wanted to go for a ride..lol. Anyway I got this from a guy that was parting out a short bus which I think was for the handicapped as the seat tilts up out of the way. If anyone is interested I think the guy has a few more.. they fit perfect! It was originally blue vinyl so I got some VHT Black Satin Vinyl Dye and sprayed it, time will tell how long that lasts..

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update to Joe on At 1545. The good and bad. Your torque converter is toast...the rest is rebuildable but got damaged by metal that had to come from the TC. Fourth melted the piston but not so bad. Piston seal was 1/2 and heat did not get to the springs. Magnetic metal went from TC into everything. The governor had metal in the bearing and would hardly turn. We thought about sleeve but think it will clean up. Cleaning will go to every corner.
Let me know on arranging TC rebuild at Dacco.....you have no choice as we are sure there were no other sources of magnet metal.
Toby, How could you do that?? Take pictures of my transmission during it's weakest moment...Then Post the pictures on the interweb for all to see. It will take years of therapy for my transmission to regain it's self esteem. I just hope the M35A3 dont see those photos, she is so sensitve. All my other trucks are now concerned, the wrecker wants to know. "Who posted those pics"? I'm trying to keep your name out of it.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toby, How could you do that?? Take pictures of my transmission during it's weakest moment...Then Post the pictures on the interweb for all to see. It will take years of therapy for my transmission to regain it's self esteem. I just hope the M35A3 dont see those photos, she is so sensitve. All my other trucks are now concerned, the wrecker wants to know. "Who posted those pics"? I'm trying to keep your name out of it.
Doc found a slight hemorrhage, not terminal cancer, so give her a pat on the ...... and let her know she will be whole again soon.

Sorry about the TC. Tell the wrecker to mind it's own business or it will get bobbed.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190704_110038_01.jpg
The deuce is not pictured, however helping a retired warrant officer friend of mine put up a fence because he is no longer able to do this kind of thing on his own. So me and another SNCO friend of mine did it with him, we used the deuce to haul lumber and concrete. We were rewarded with steaks, great Fourth of July my opinion.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_0503.jpg

1) Yes, camo works (you do see the truck, right?)
2) This is 5 of our fire station's rookies in the back. I took "Queen Lola" to the aftermath of a house fire to load dirty hose and equipment. Our rookies are not yet allowed on calls so they enjoyed the ride and actually being on a fire scene. Sorry for the bad picture. Our Sector Chief is camera dyslexic!

Nomad1

Last edited:

Nomad1

I just got done shorting my cables and installing ferrules on them. Cattlerepairman those autodrains look handy I plan on putting a dryer on mine at some point. Have you used those autodrains before? Wondering how well they work?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got done shorting my cables and installing ferrules on them. Cattlerepairman those autodrains look handy I plan on putting a dryer on mine at some point. Have you used those autodrains before? Wondering how well they work?
We have them on one of our fire trucks and they work just fine. They operate by using the slight pressure differential between the air system being full and when brakes are applied to open and expel water and junk. I had manual drains and they worked ok, but after the second time both cables broke I decided to switch! Install is super simple...unscrew old, hand-screw new into bottom of tank and tighten...done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks