• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

benhasajeep

Yea, I did see there are gauges that go to 60 and 120. And you have to have properly matched gauges and senders (60/60 or 120/120). I also saw everyone says pressure will go up after an oil change. But it's 90 psi at idle right after start up. I don't believe the gauge or sender would fail. Filters seem to match what came out and were model numbers that crossed over, and what's listed on here as ones that could be used.

The old oil was pretty thin compared to the new oil. So, yea would expect it to be slightly higher. But 90 seems to be a bit high considering it was running about 45 or so with the old oil. It might be ok, just the new oil. But just wanting to make sure. Seen lots of posts about just t-ing in a pressure gauge right on the motor as a double check.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife and I are both helicopter Crew Chiefs. Changing oil, replacing filters, greasing zerk fittings, changing rotor blades, engines, gearboxes... finding a wife who’s as qualified as she is, is nye on impossible. Count your blessings for finding someone who’s got the green disease and is willing to maintain your prizes.

The wife changed the oil and filters (yes the wife did). She also lubed all the zerks she could find. Installed a new diesel tank cap as the original was rusting on the inside.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20190909_184042.jpg

Put everything back together after Waterloo power steering install and some sheet metal repairs and painting. All I can say is...WOW. It drives like a completely different truck. The biggest differences I noticed are
the truck feels "smaller"; probably because it steers so effortlessly
the truck is much more stable on bad road surfaces. The front tires bouncing around no longer upset the steering.
the steering wheel is in a different position. The shaft is shorter, I think, so the wheel sits closer to the dash and a little lower. Ok with me.
the truck is so easy to run through corners. No worries that it might be difficult to spin the wheel back fast enough to "catch" the truck.

So much fun!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Yea, I did see there are gauges that go to 60 and 120. And you have to have properly matched gauges and senders (60/60 or 120/120). I also saw everyone says pressure will go up after an oil change. But it's 90 psi at idle right after start up. I don't believe the gauge or sender would fail. Filters seem to match what came out and were model numbers that crossed over, and what's listed on here as ones that could be used.

The old oil was pretty thin compared to the new oil. So, yea would expect it to be slightly higher. But 90 seems to be a bit high considering it was running about 45 or so with the old oil. It might be ok, just the new oil. But just wanting to make sure. Seen lots of posts about just t-ing in a pressure gauge right on the motor as a double check.
I’d double check it, but my truck is TIGHT with 6400 on a LEAD rebuilt engine and with old oil or new it’ll hold 89 psi cold idle, and maintain 60 on road hot, 32 idle hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope just the stock canister filters. We are having a problem though. Been searching all morning. Oil pressure is 90psi now. Right filters, right oil. And gauge was working just fine prior to the change.
Not familiar with the deuce canisters, just farm and heavy equipment. Are they caped on the end like some, is it possible to instal them upside down? Just a though, but I dont think you could get the housing back together on the closed end ones I’m thinking of upside down though.

rustystud

Nope just the stock canister filters. We are having a problem though. Been searching all morning. Oil pressure is 90psi now. Right filters, right oil. And gauge was working just fine prior to the change.
You might have a stuck regulating valve. The stock oil pump will put out 120 PSI at start-up. Then the regulating valve drops it back down to around 30 to 40 PSI . I have two sets of gauges. One reads the true oil pump pressure and the second the regulated pressure. At start-up on cold days the pressure can max my gauge out ! So if this problems persists then you might need to remove and clean the regulator. It is located under the turbo on the engine block.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks nice so is she getting rear fenders?

Oh indeed it will get fenders, new ones are crazy expensive so I will be hammering out a set of big rig semi truck fenders I have lying around that are kind of rough at the moment, and hide them with green or black paint .

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Rusty, I hope you can photo the two different guages you refer too, as I might want to implement your idea on my rig too. REmember what General patton said: You can tell a mans worth by the wrecker he drives..

Attachments

rustystud

OK, here's the pictures of the oil gauges, and some others.

Deuce Oil gauges and Dash 001.jpgDeuce Oil gauges and Dash 002.jpgDeuce Oil gauges and Dash 004.jpgDeuce Oil gauges and Dash 006.jpgDeuce Oil gauges and Dash 019.jpgDeuce Oil gauges and Dash 013.jpg

Picture one shows the oil gauges. The top is "main oil pump" pressure, and the bottom gauge shows "regulated" oil pressure.
Picture two is a close up of the main oil pressure gauge.
Picture three is a close up of the regulated oil pressure gauge.
Picture four is another picture of both gauges. Hopefully a better one.
Picture five shows the whole gauge cluster which is also showing the engine RPM at 800 rpm's.
Picture six is showing my 24 volt and 12 volt gauges, just for grins and giggles !

Deuce Oil gauges and Dash 020.jpg Now this picture shows my brake pressure gauge off to the upper right. It goes to 2000 PSI.

Privatewrench

My first parade duty today. 95 degrees and sunny...a real scortcher. It was a huge honor to give acitve duty and retired Marines a ride today. A great group of guys. My truck is right behind the honor guard.

20190912_160247.jpg20190912_182133.jpg20190912_204041.jpg20190912_182856.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks