• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Are you packing your "sketchbook", Aussie Bloke?!

Please send us pitchers. We like pitchers!

View attachment 779798

Well here I sit outside Yark.

I sit inside the clubhouse at the fireplace where it is comfortably warm,...

The drive out here in the Deuce was AWSOME!

The hills and some hairpin turns on the steep sections,...

And the looks I got from officials when I drove into the property,......

Have you ever seen meerkats all on alert and watching an enemy passing by,....

;)

I'm not going to be able to compete but I will be allowed to drive a few of the course's for photos and Video etc,....

I think the Deuce is seen as 'an unfair advantage!'

There is a section of track here that you must have your vehicle in 4x4 to avoid track damage just to get to the campsites and club house.

I just dropped the Deuce into low range 3rd gear and she went up at 900rpm, didn't even notice.

Some of the club members her I overheard were saying how they had some trouble there,....

This should be a good weekend,...

'Pitchers' will be posted when I get home, I barely have a signal here.

Aussie.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20191018_131423.jpg
IMG_20190927_145046.jpg
I replaced my brake light pressure switch, the old one blew apart when I was loading the deuce-and-a-half for transport.

FYI: removing the tool/ storage box makes this A LOT easier. It's a epic pain to get a wrench in there otherwise.

Nomad1

Checked the level in the master cylinder added some dot 5. Then put it back together and stepped on the pedal with the truck off held it goes down that initial bit and stays as it should.Then fired it up and did it again all good. Tomorrow Hope to do some welding of hole that were cut in the bed for the water tank it had. Later I plan on getting a drop side bed for it.

92ramaro

Had about the best day I've had in a while. And my Kaiser is mostly to blame.
Got an awesome load of firewood in the dump trailer, and my Uncle drove a Deuce for the first time since he was in the Army back in the late 70s.
Edit: the video of him driving it was too long to upload

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does My Bobber count as a deuce? Put a hitch on mine as well. It's a little high in this pic. Pulls like nothing is behind it even loaded. And yes that's a goose neck trailer pulling from the bumper.IMG_20191018_193307078.jpgIMG_20190802_163712643~2.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

92ramaro

Does My Bobber count as a deuce? Put a hitch on mine as well. It's a little high in this pic. Pulls like nothing is behind it even loaded. And yes that's a goose neck trailer pulling from the bumper.View attachment 779929View attachment 779931

I'm awful curious what is done to your 1/2 Deuce to make it unaware of being loaded. It took me MILES to get to the top of 5th gear with the dump trailer loaded behind mine

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm awful curious what is done to your 1/2 Deuce to make it unaware of being loaded. It took me MILES to get to the top of 5th gear with the dump trailer loaded behind mine

It's always run well. I'm going to need a transmission at some point. Or just first and reverse gear. Was run pretty hard before I got it. It's a bit lighter without that extra axle though. Sorry about the pics it was dusk not much light.IMG_20191018_193239345.jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Slate, You certainly have cofomed your truck to meet your particular need! Now its a source of usefulness for oyu all the time !
Thank you sir. I need a spare transmission as my first and reverse. And opposing gear have chunks missing. Keeping it clean and flushed out till it grenades on me. I saw you have one available but I can't drive to Florida anytime soon.

Sparkyz911

Bought a battery disconnect/kill switch that I plan to mount in a hidden location to prevent thief...
Mines got one of those. Works great. Not too worried about theft though. I've left her running in several parking lots for 20-45 min and no problems yet. Let alone someone trying to start her from scratch.

Took my deuce out to the department chilli supper on sunday. Hauled all the gear. Fixed the battery problem from last week and plumbed the new horn in backwards so also had to fix that.

DavidWymore

boost gauge, pyrometer, turn the fuel up...maybe blow a head gasket.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
boost gauge, pyrometer, turn the fuel up...maybe blow a head gasket.
Nope pretty much all stock. Didn't say I was running full speed in 5th. Just really can't feel the heavyness of the load. My deuce dump truck I can feel about any load I put on it. This one is just smooth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks