• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trees don't get cut down to harvest the nuts. A front-end loader with a special arm attaches to the tree and vibrates the h--- out of it, shaking the nuts free.
Edit: Ok, not a front loader, but you get the idea:
https://youtu.be/nahFysX0X4I?t=135
Yup... That's how they do it.

Now, to get us back to MV content..... I wonder if anyone in the various "MIXED NUT" industries has used any MV's in their orchard operations. They ARE known for their radical VIBRATIONS, ya know.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a sand blasting media that Menard’s sells. It not very expensive and it strips the paint, rust and everything else that sticks to metal. The sand blaster cabinet was sitting in a drive way with a for sale sign on it. $100.00 got a complete system.
Nice score Jeff! Let me know if you find another. I'm just on the other side of Utah!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2458.jpg Got some good weather coming in the next several days so I'm doing the front brakes. Replacing the shoes, wheel cylinders, flex lines and a general clean up. I also have a new drag link that I'll be installing while the drivers side front wheel is off.

Last edited:

92ramaro

Unfortunately made of ton of work for myself on Friday night. Wasnt able to recover the truck until this morning so the front axle had plenty of time to fill up with water.
Found a sunken tree stump to get the front axle hung up on/crush my fuel lines and knock my primary fuel filter off. 5 days before a large tree clearing project.
There really is no rest for the wicked.

View attachment 782553View attachment 782554

Attachments

Last edited:

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the spare wheel done & back on the truck finally, also got the newer style air intake cover painted & installed as well. Also finished painting all the exhaust brackets so next weekend I'll get the new J-pipe/exhaust on.
75303699_714553389023077_152825875673382912_n.jpg74232802_983899541944449_6448867620845256704_n.jpg75246760_517650795489499_6893089907812597760_n.jpg74604438_2600850219999484_5548828031075745792_n.jpg75196331_575123013261278_9111332149876752384_n.jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Queen Lola is tucked away in winter quarters, between an Aistream trailer and a PrincessCraft for company. Battery disconnect switch, so batteries will be fine in Spring. I miss her already!

And, as luck will have it, it is snowing heavily tonight for the first time. Winter is here!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's going to be 70 Degrees thru Thursday, and after that the temps are rolling downhill into the 50s. Trying to get the front brakes finished on the old Iron Mistress by Thursday. We haven't had any real winter weather yet, but I'm sure we will by the end of the month.

Kaiser67M715

Queen Lola is tucked away in winter quarters, between an Aistream trailer and a PrincessCraft for company. Battery disconnect switch, so batteries will be fine in Spring. I miss her already!

And, as luck will have it, it is snowing heavily tonight for the first time. Winter is here!
I've always disconnected batteries for winter storage, but lately sometimes they don't work in the spring. A battery tender hooked up during the winter is the best way to preserve a battery.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

I've always disconnected batteries for winter storage, but lately sometimes they don't work in the spring. A battery tender hooked up during the winter is the best way to preserve a battery.

There must be at least one (if not more) good threads on here about the preferred models of those:

- Does maybe somebody know one of the quick links to one of those?

USMCGunny

New oil pressure gauge and temp gauge. Pulled the instrument panel out to replace them and now my Speedometer and Tac doesn't work right. Go figure try to make an improvement on this old "Bitch" and cause more problems than what I started with. Just the fact of working on a vehicle as old as I am.

Another Ahab

New oil pressure gauge and temp gauge. Pulled the instrument panel out to replace them and now my Speedometer and Tac doesn't work right. Go figure try to make an improvement on this old "Bitch" and cause more problems than what I started with. Just the fact of working on a vehicle as old as I am.
It can get discouraging, can't it?

Hang tough. I read something good the other day:

- Somebody complaining to their Imam/ Rabbi/ Minister/ Priest about how they were SO discouraged, and asked what they should do about it...

- Imam/ Rabbi/ Minister/ Priest says "Go, and Encourage others"

It had a nice ring to it (and doesn't have to be any holy man involved, but that tends to lend it a sense of profundity).

That's it. The End

Nomad1

Did you figure out what issue was with the Tac and all?

w250guy

I think I finally found my charging problem (I hope), cut off the loop ends on the battery cables and low and behold a lot of green corrosion under the shrink tube they used. Gonna put all new ends on and see what happens. Also my blinkers mysteriously started working again on their own. I had begun chasing grounds down and hadn’t found any problems yet the blinkers would still only flash once then just flicker quickly almost like it was on solid at 3/4 power. My next step was to remove all bulbs and clean sockets but now they work! It was also 10 degrees and snowing I’m not sure if that factored into them coming back to life or if it was just coincidence. And here’s a pic from a few weeks ago out playing around with the ol’ girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

I think I finally found my charging problem (I hope), cut off the loop ends on the battery cables and low and behold a lot of green corrosion under the shrink tube they used. Gonna put all new ends on and see what happens. Also my blinkers mysteriously started working again on their own.
I got a winch that stopped working, the same way, driving me nuts. Maybe it was some magic word you said:

- Can you remember saying anything special that might have worked the magic?!

A1.jpg

wiggall

Well on 7 Nov. she was on display at the Orofino, Idaho High School, on 9 Nov. she was in the Lewiston, Idaho VETERANS DAY Parade, on 11 Nov. she was on display at the Orofino, Idaho Elementary School, and on 12 Nov. she was doing Community Service for the Clearwater County Fair Board hauling lumber for them.

Another Ahab

Well on 7 Nov. she was on display at the Orofino, Idaho High School, on 9 Nov. she was in the Lewiston, Idaho VETERANS DAY Parade, on 11 Nov. she was on display at the Orofino, Idaho Elementary School, and on 12 Nov. she was doing Community Service for the Clearwater County Fair Board hauling lumber for them.
All that running around and that rig must be working up a sweat!

A1.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks