• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
G'day everyone,.....
Yeah it is bad, I thought mine was bad though.
I have confirmed I have power now to the pump, I have yet to prove the pump itself is working.
As they say,... 'That's another job!'.I guess that's where the fun lie's,... in all this tinkering,.....
Aussie.
re-look at two photos in post 10072
See where the little gauge is screwed into the test port on the output block. Can just leave the gauge on there, always know output pressure of pump.
IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WEll troopers, I had to use my dremel tool to cut out he swuare head botl holding the conductor to the melted post. And here is what im left with. I intend to dril a 3.8 bolt into the post and fasten the battery conductors that way...

Attachments

rustystud

WEll troopers, I had to use my dremel tool to cut out he swuare head botl holding the conductor to the melted post. And here is what im left with. I intend to dril a 3.8 bolt into the post and fasten the battery conductors that way...
Is the battery case compromised ? looks like a hole there next to what's left of the post.

Welder1

I have repaired a melted terminal before. I made a sleeve out of a beer can and hose clamped it on. I melted lead in a large spoon poured it in. You may have to use some plumbers putty to seal around the bottom edge. If you have enough of the remaining terminal left to shape the mold this will work.

Nomad1

This reminds me of a dump trailer a friend had. He left a wrench in the battery/tool box that bounce around arced off battery put hole in it size of a nickle and still worked! If it was me and battery had some age on it I'd bite the bullit and buy a new one but where's the fun in that?:p
Hey Rusty, Yes it is, because I overheated it, but I hope to repair that hole also . Don't know what to use for that , however...

rustystud

I have repaired a melted terminal before. I made a sleeve out of a beer can and hose clamped it on. I melted lead in a large spoon poured it in. You may have to use some plumbers putty to seal around the bottom edge. If you have enough of the remaining terminal left to shape the mold this will work.
Normally I would just replace a battery that had that much damage, but if you where in a pinch that sounds like a really great idea ! As long as the plastic battery housing doesn't melt it should work fine. I guess you could put some aluminum around the terminal to protect the housing.

92ramaro

Between overtime at work and FD business, finally got the Kaiser back on the road and into the woods yesterday.

-Got my front axle back together (new zipperless boots, bearings, shaft u joints, and seals)
-Replaced the crushed fuel line between the primary and secondary filter
-Removed and resealed one of the water outlet manifolds I botched the first time around.

Really wanting to start my factory winch install. But with the sprag T-case behaving worse and worse at times, it might end up being the higher priority. 20191124_091735.jpg20191124_103358.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fasttruck

I took a 6tl battery with a badly deformed terminal to a battery shop. They cut it off flush with battery top and using a mold the size of the complete battery terminal, melted some lead and poured it into the mold. Let it cool off, removed the mold, dressed it with a file, charged me an outrageous sum of money and sent me on my way. I guess it could be a problem to get a supply of lead these days. Fishing sinkers

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Rusty, Yes it is, because I overheated it, but I hope to repair that hole also . Don't know what to use for that , however...
Whatadeuce. You might try JB Weld on the hole. I've used that stuff for just about every type of repair and it always seems to work. Put a patch over the hole and the JB Weld over the patch. Make sure the surface is clean!!

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I shall make the excuse for overheating the area around the battery terminal because I could not find my AIR-ACETAYNE tips. I there for had to use a TURBO tip, and I had no control. Had I used a low capacity torch tip, I would have succeded.

92ramaro

That is a serious load of firewood.

Warms my heart it does to see an old deuce "in the traces" and WORKING, thanks 92ramaro.

:driver:
My pleasure Ahab :beer:

Out of all of the various, derelict projects I've ripped out of the ground, this old Deuce is by far my favorite.
Truly a joy to easily walk through the same muddy trail I used to sink my diesel pickup truck in. While hauling twice as much firewood in the same trailer :cool:

92ramaro

Just wanted to update on the Sprag T-case situation.
Pretty sure it's entirely stripped out at this point. What should've been a cake walk ended up wasting my entire Wednesday afternoon. Air Shift T-case coming soon!20191127_171002.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JCKnife

IMG_8361.jpgIMG_8363.jpgIMG_8369.jpgIMG_8376.jpg

Found that the removable plate at the front of the bed is the perfect size to install one of my 2 interior lights, so got it cut out and started that process. Installed LED headlights. Installed my VIC-1 amp / control panel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks