• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fleetmech

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
... Exactly my same experience with ND straight-weight, plus the added "bonus" of fewer and fewer suppliers stocking ND in viscosities recommended for the 3053A; https://steelsoldiers.com/threads/m35a2-transmission-fluid-change.195206/#post-2279430
Grab yourself a jug of GL1 from tractor supply, it’s safe, proven, and improved my shifting from ND30 and gear oil.

Cheap too, it’s about 40-45w and satisfies all of what spicer requested in a tranny, whereas gear oil simply does not.

@fleetmech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77 AMG

Well, I gave the Deuce to my youngest Son for Graduation from High School and we spent a few hours going over it and trying to be conservative about what problems to pick a fight with. He figured out how to "fix" the seat belt rewinders while I was inside at work. Smart kid.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, I gave the Deuce to my youngest Son for Graduation from High School and we spent a few hours going over it and trying to be conservative about what problems to pick a fight with. He figured out how to "fix" the seat belt rewinders while I was inside at work. Smart kid.
Go Kid Go! That is an absolutely AWESOME graduation gift! Congratulations to both of you!

77 AMG

He is currently down for the night, so, I will say this for him- Thank you, to all of you.
He is pretty happy with having his very own MV, and, hopefully, he will feel that way for many years. I ordered some more parts for tonight, so, in a few days, he will have another box of stuff to go through.

DavidWymore

Got up early to beat the heat, woke up the '70 and jumped the M50 with it to circulate it's fluids. (Starts better with the fuel shutoff handle in, pranked myself). Fired up the Dropside and let it run a bit. Need to install it's water pump. Took the '70 to drop off a customer's wheels at the tire shop, and took the long way back while it was "cool". Added some summer additives to the fuel to keep it from going bad over the long hot summer.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the throttle return spring. It's been 10 or 11 years since I replaced it, and I thought it was about due. About 2 years after I purchased my truck, I came out one morning to start the truck, I hit the starter button and it went wide open. I killed the engine, then put my foot on the accelerator pedal and it was flat against the floor. I raised the hood and looked at the throttle linkage, and there was the throttle return spring hanging by one end, the other end had broken off. This happened while the truck was just sitting parked and not running. Next time you have the hood up on your truck, take a look at your throttle return spring, probably one of the easiest things to do, and look for wear or rust on the hook ends. Thankfully this didn't happen while I was running in traffic!

Last edited:

92ramaro

Finally went after the front axle issue that I earned at Haspin about 5 weeks ago.
I had to use some special tooling to remove the axle shafts, but otherwise it was a straight forward disassembly.
Parts are on order.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally went after the front axle issue that I earned at Haspin about 5 weeks ago.
I had to use some special tooling to remove the axle shafts, but otherwise it was a straight forward disassembly.
Parts are on order.
Holy sh*t! That pumpkin took a beating! How did it happen?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

92ramaro

Holy sh*t! That pumpkin took a beating! How did it happen?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
That's not scarring in the housing, that's a debris pile :-?
We were "rescuing" an abandoned vehicle from a ravine with the winch and I put the truck into reverse on uneven terrain at the same time. A couple axle hops and the spider gears came apart accordingly.
Ill admit it wasn't my brightest moment but by the time we got back to camp, we had two trophies to show off.
I wasn't that impressed with my decisions the following morning...

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Went shopping for supplies to remodel the guest bathroom. Ended up buying more than I expected, (2) new toilets, a vanity, towel racks etc.

Joy for honey do’s!

m715mike

Went shopping for supplies to remodel the guest bathroom. Ended up buying more than I expected, (2) new toilets, a vanity, towel racks etc.
Sure, I get that two new toilets will fit in the back of your Deuce for the ride home, but what are you going to do with two new toilets in the guest bathroom? His and her thrones?

Oh yeah... and that is a great picture of a good looking Deuce!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Sure, I get that two new toilets will fit in the back of your Deuce for the ride home, but what are you going to do with two new toilets in the guest bathroom? His and her thrones?

Oh yeah... and that is a great picture of a good looking Deuce!
We figured while we was at it might as well do both bathrooms now; Women are good at convincing us to spend it seems, and thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks