• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Replaced the throttle return spring. It's been 10 or 11 years since I replaced it, and I thought it was about due. About 2 years after I purchased my truck, I came out one morning to start the truck, I hit the starter button and it went wide open. I killed the engine, then put my foot on the accelerator pedal and it was flat against the floor. I raised the hood and looked at the throttle linkage, and there was the throttle return spring hanging by one end, the other end had broken off. This happened while the truck was just sitting parked and not running. Next time you have the hood up on your truck, take a look at your throttle return spring, probably one of the easiest things to do, and look for wear or rust on the hook ends. Thankfully this didn't happen while I was running in traffic!
Since many moons ago always double spring backup spring linkages. Cost about 3 bucks.

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Put the trash pig to work, heaviest load it’s ever had in the bed of some 16.00s; well, with me atleast. The rear springs are pooched!IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

18operator

So getting in and out of my truck, my leg sometimes bumps the parking brake and releases it. Not good when you park on a slight incline/decline. Makes for an OH **** moment. So I fabricated a parking brake lock out of some 2 inch 11 gauge (1/8") angle iron. Also makes an extra theft deterrent.

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
So getting in and out of my truck, my leg sometimes bumps the parking brake and releases it. Not good when you park on a slight incline/decline. Makes for an OH **** moment. So I fabricated a parking brake lock out of some 2 inch 11 gauge (1/8") angle iron. Also makes an extra theft deterrent.
Now that is really nice...................

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2563.JPG Finished the fuel pump, primary fuel filter, and secondary fuel filters last month. Engine oil and filters tomorrow. Will try and do the transmission and transfer case in a week or two. Then I should be just about done, whoops........forgot the axles.

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Squish washers are to seal then no leaks.
They CAN be reused but the last guy to install over torqued them severely.
It is expendable parts as in the TM's which states to replace with new when removed.
They are "special". Can be found in TM's, helicopter and aircraft and tank parts.
I knew a girl like that once, "special", but I regress.

Attachments

77 AMG

I'ma gonna STEAL this idea... Seriously, though, thanks. I already can lock the X-case in "neutral" basically the same way. Tab welded to tunnel, padlock through hole drilled in the "knot" on the lever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks