• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,.....

View attachment 857756

Next is a couple sets of gaskets for when I get around to fitting the C turbo,....

Aussie.
There is actually a 'turbo kit' which has all the parts except the actual turbo and the four inch diameter "J" pipe which has all the gaskets and other parts you will need. They used to be common.

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
During the past 2 weeks I’ve worked on sanding and painting my fuel tank mounts and straps as well as sourcing a NOS fuel tank and new in-tank fuel pump. I completed the install today after tapping 5 un-threaded fuel pump mounting holes. The tank also got a NOS fuel sender and a new fuel cap.

Attachments

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
During the past 2 weeks I’ve worked on sanding and painting my fuel tank mounts and straps as well as sourcing a NOS fuel tank and new in-tank fuel pump. I completed the install today after tapping 5 un-threaded fuel pump mounting holes. The tank also got a NOS fuel sender and a new fuel cap.
Add a new throttle return spring to the list for this week! I think the old one was tired and not correct.

Attachments

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Just arrived today is the complete set of new push rods for my Deuce's engine.

Its always good to have spares.

Also an oil supply pipe for the C turbo I'll fit later on,....

Aussie.

Now if the Aussie mail would have just let a certain other package of straps to be sent/delivered...

7bdiver

Added a little battery life monitor to the center console and finally tried out the cb radio with the noise canceling headset.

Never posted these before, so here's the center console too. I can take the ammo cans off and flip the base up to access the floor. Its on a set of hinges. I ground the tabs on the back of the boxes so the lids will lift all the way up too.

Overhead console is homemade. Gang switches run the radio, dash cam, and cab lights so far. Will run the offroad lights off it when I do em sometime.

Attachments

7bdiver

What are the seats out of ? They look like they are the right fit .
They're just cheap tractor seats off ebay if I remember correctly. I wouldnt buy them again. Too cheap. But I got them both shipped for like 500 home. What I really need is another original deuce spring base, but damn those are waay expensive right now. 400 bucks in shipping alone, no thanks.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dropped some coin on a 3/4" Milwuakee M18 impact....

Been slowly trying to build my tool collection back up after being homeless for years...

Tried it on the deuce lugnuts... zipped them right off...

1400 ft lbs is no slouch, and since it's the ONE KEY, I can go into the app on my phone and tell it how much torque to use when tightening them... :D

Probably one of the coolest tools I've ever bought.

Charlie175

My wiper motors don't do much. Took one apart but nothing much there. The piston goes back and forth but not sure why it doesn't cycle. How much air do they need?
(its plastic)

Charlie175

I tried wide open, they start and then seem to get stuck in the middle. Manually turning it with the air on, I feel resistance each direction I try to turn it. It's like the air is pushing in from both sides.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I tried wide open, they start and then seem to get stuck in the middle. Manually turning it with the air on, I feel resistance each direction I try to turn it. It's like the air is pushing in from both sides.
Chances are that it will end up spitting oil on your window, but a drop (not a squirt!) in the supply side of the wiper of Marvel Mystery Oil might free it up. Nothing in there but a couple of rubber o-rings and over time they get dry. If the oil makes it start working right, It might be that replacing the rubber is what you really need...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I put some air tool oil in the piston area, but will also try the inlet.
Looking online, I see a few places have the metal units, are these that much better? $99 per unit.
I have never seen plastic air wiper motors. Doesn't mean anything though. Air Tool Oil is the same as MMO or at least it has always been what I have used. Company that I worked for long years ago offered us gallons of MMO for the purpose... Off the top of my head, that hundred bucks doesn't seem awful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks