• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Merc1973

I installed the remote reservoir for the brake master. I put it inside the cab instead of outside. I also installed two side pull air tank drain valves so I don't have to climb under the truck anymore! I also know have a full set of 6 M35a3 wheels to super single my truck. I am pretty excited about that I just need tires now.
View attachment 863681View attachment 863682
Nice. I also installed thise tank drain valves, sooo easy.

How did you connect your reservoir line to the master cylinder cap?

ToddJK

Shooting and training in all weather conditions. Teaches you alot about your equipment and gear.
dont be afraid to get your gear wet and dirty!
bad things dont always happen to good people on sunny days !
You sir are correct. One of my favorite range sessions was training with my AR in a thunderstorm. Needless to say, I had the whole range to myself. This day, it was merely testing out a couple new guns I got. I built an AR 350L which needed to be function tested and zeroed. Then I had my 50 cal out to zero with a new scope with some Amax loads

Dieselfitter

Toddjk,
I built a 350L for a SC friend of mine , he has been controling hogs on his GA hunting lease with it for couple of yrs. He loves that rifle and cal.
i have a good range set up for a 50 , the steel rocks like an earthquake from that kind of energy!

stay safe

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
104_0217.JPG

TW, these are my usual battery terminal clamps. My old ones have seen better days so my Interstate battery supplier furnished the wingnut clamps. I picked up the above terminal clamps last week at the Spring MVCC Gathering at Plymouth Calif. I picked up new hardware for them this morning, and plan on having them installed this afternoon. I save the wingnut clamps for my neighbors. :sneaky:

ToddJK

Blew a fuel line today doing an errand. I noticed the truck seemed to bog down more.than normal then I was able to smell fuel. Pulled over and fuel was just squirting out on the ground. My fuel line from the booster pump to the secondary had a pin hole which was just a steady stream of fuel. On the side.of the road I did some Jerry rigging and it held until I got home. Took a piece of radiator hose, two hose clamps, and some seal all sealant which is gas and oil resistant. Put the sealant on the fuel line, put a lot on the rubber hose and clamped it on with moderate pressure as to not crush the plastic line. I gave it half hour and when it was running, only saw some drops so I can deal with that. Apparently, where this line was rubbing up against another line, it wore a small hole or the hose so thin the pressure blew it out. Got some fuel line replacement tasks in the very near future. Got a have her ready for the memorial day parade!

m715mike

You may expect to see a calf born on a Texas cattle ranch in the Spring. But, as it turns out, cattle ranchers are well equipped for removing run flats from a 395 tire. And, well, it sort-of looks like the tire is giving birth.

@texas30cal removed some of his run flats today in an effort to improve ride quality in the Deuce. A test drive confirmed less steering wheel vibration and improved ride quality.

FCE95F0F-12F9-4238-8599-16E6755FFF55.jpeg9796F908-808E-4ABB-89F9-F5DA01673D8E.jpeg21F26F2C-B8F4-4D75-BF88-8501428F1666.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You may expect to see a calf born on a Texas cattle ranch in the Spring. But, as it turns out, cattle ranchers are well equipped for removing run flats from a 395 tire. And, well, it sort-of looks like the tire is giving birth.

@texas30cal removed some of his run flats today in an effort to improve ride quality in the Deuce. A test drive confirmed less steering wheel vibration and improved ride quality.

View attachment 866894View attachment 866895View attachment 866896
Another one of those things when having the right tool for the job makes it so much easier! I didn't see anybody sweating. I didn't see anybody huffing and puffing and grunting. Just plain good old farm boy engineering!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice. I never seen a calf born but I can imagine. I didn’t have that contraption when I did mine, I placed my tire on the ground and put a engine cherry picker on the tire and used a strap and yup I grunted sweated and the tire gave birth. It was easier then removing the split wheels
Well... I would consider that to be the "manual" version.
Mike's version was automated maybe?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks