• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

BGR

I would like to thank everyone who had a hand in creating the Wiring Schematic, we put it to good use today. My buddy at Magnolia Auto Service got the front harness completely replaced. There were only a couple of things that didn't match up but he was able to figure it out. I got really lucky when I found the NOS harness for under 500.00. I kind of regret now buying more while they were in stock but I didn't want to be greedy. The truck cranks, runs, and seems to be holding a charge so it's better than it ever was at this point. Plan to do the rear harness tomorrow and replace a few gauges that aren't working.

ToddJK

We didn't get much done today, this heat has been brutal and I wasn't feeling it. Did get the windshield assembly installed and the step boards removed. Also installed the remote brake fluid reservoir. More pics of the brush guard

View attachment 903704View attachment 903705View attachment 903706
That sure an awesome brush guard. Not that I need any new ideas or more projects to dig in my pockets for the cash that's not there....but....🤷😆.

BGR

We got quite a bit done today, lots of smaller things that needed to be completed. New metal brake line from the rear to the front of the cab, fuel density bypass kit, new exhaust installed, and fender. I purchased these step boards off of EB and Im not sure what vehicle they are actually for but they work on the deuce with a few mods. I was unable to find any M35 boards but these were only 45ea and our NIB. I think they look pretty good.
Im not too sure about this fender welt or silencer but Im going to try it out.

IMG_1715.png
IMG_1717.png

HDN

Painted and reinstalled glovebox for the first time in about 2 years - heater core repair will have to wait a bit longer! At least the flow to it is reliably shut off.

Next up: Either reinstall wheel valve stone covers or paint gladhand dummy couplings.

Redleg130

Got the M185 bumper numbers painted and let it frolic with other tactical vehicles in its natural habitat
IMG_1539.jpg

M109/M185 windows are a pain. There are wood slats holding the window frames together and mine were rotted out, leaving the double pane glass flopping around. Found a window guy with the right tools to make the slats. The wood parts are the only things holding everything together. The wood is staked in place on one side and screws hold the other side of the frame together. Got 6 of the 7 windows redone, the other is missing the glass and is screwed shut, ill get it at some point, they appear to be available at Eastern Surplus.

Last edited:

ToddJK

Added a dummy grenade on the shifter. I made what I have work, but I used a welding rod and the deuce batteries to weld a nut that for the shifters size and thread pitch to the bottom of the grenade. I added another nut as a jam nut so the grenade was in a comfortable position. Painted it with Rust-Oleum deep forest green and white in the lettering. Added blue loctite to the threads to make sure it all stays in place. It turned out well imo and I'm happy with it.

Attachments

BGR

We have been doing a bunch of smaller things lately. I decided to go ahead and splurge on GI LED headlights, new front flashers, and brake lights. Got the exhaust back together with new gaskets and a flapper as well as the breather back on. Loosely mounted the legs for the ring mount today which was not as easy as I wanted it to be. Plan to start mounting the reinforcement plate tomorrow.
IMG_1814.png

BGR

Still at it. Added some new rubber to help with rattle. Found an old post on the axle vent mod so we completed that this week. I went with the clear tubing and ran my main line to the top of the air filter housing. We drilled and tapped the lid and just screwed the barb in. I find that the truck is a lot louder now that I cut the exhaust and added the flapper, could just be my imagination though. We plan to add the gun ring this weekend and if that goes well the bed should follow soon after.

IMG_1832.pngIMG_1831.pngIMG_1830.png

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lowering the exhaust brings the "noise cone" closer to the cab roof and and window, so it is likely going to be louder. Mine was, too, when I replaced the end pipe with the 90 degree turn with a shorter straight pipe and flapper.
There is a reason why some trucks have long stacks, other than the looks of them. It does make it more bearable inside the cab (while they annoy everyone else, running straight pipes with jake brakes)

BGR

Lowering the exhaust brings the "noise cone" closer to the cab roof and and window, so it is likely going to be louder. Mine was, too, when I replaced the end pipe with the 90 degree turn with a shorter straight pipe and flapper.
There is a reason why some trucks have long stacks, other than the looks of them. It does make it more bearable inside the cab (while they annoy everyone else, running straight pipes with jake brakes)
Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking. I didn't want to have to worry about the exhaust rusting out again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks