• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Jeepadict

I bought an adapter from Erik's military surplus, along with a bracket, and attached it to my M116 frame. LED lights were already on the trailer and they work great with my pick up truck. Pulled it 90 miles to the farm and 90 miles back loaded with a m274 Mule and the trailer performed great! Even got 16.9 mpg which is higher than I expected.
Those safety chain hooks should hook into the very first link for storage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_1190.jpegIMG_1191.jpegIMG_1192.jpegIMG_1206.jpeg

Finally finished the transformation of the USAF Oxygen Cylinder trailer to a small utility trailer.

Still some small tweaks to do.
Will let wood age outside for a year or so then treat it with clean oil.
It will never be on the road, so no lighting is needed.

Should work fine.

Edit:
Added some more screws to the lift out tailgate.
Burned the ends where it slides into the steel brackets and then applied oil to the ends only.
This will keep gate from sticking

Last edited:

Bryan 45

I used my 3/4 ton for cleaning up some Cherry in the back yard. And it struck me why I like mil vehicles so much. I did not serve, but have always loved military trucks, jeeps, and trailers.
I grew up in the 80s playing with GI Joe. Now I’m in my 40s and I get to play with full sized toys.

IMG_0418.jpegIMG_0417.jpeg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a M116 frame, and the previous owner built sides and tailgate to look like a M101, but it's wider. He specifically built it to carry a M274 mule. Also cut the inside of the fenders out to gain width. (Mule is 48" wide).
Thanks for the info.
I thought it was a m101 prototype of some sort.
He did a good fab job!

Bryan 45

Thanks for the info.
I thought it was a m101 prototype of some sort.
He did a good fab job!
He really did. I bought it from his widow- so unfortunately didn't get to meet him or hear any stories. But did find this build thread he posted here-

Mule Hauler
I'd like to get a set of M101 side rails and canopy to see if they do in fact fit.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used the M101A2 to haul some gravel.
This trailer has the heavy spring kit installed.

Had 1.6 ton of gravel in it and it still wasn’t touching the bump stops.

Lousy pic and trailers almost empty when taken, but it did much better than expected over rough roads.
Surge brakes worked great and probably could have carried a full 2 ton but didn’t want to push it more than I was already.

I tried to remove the side racks before leaving and needed another set of hands.
Couldn't get them out by myself.

I love these trailers.

IMG_1419.jpeg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a civi kit or a military spring kit?

I have hauled many, many 1.5 ton loads (+/- one yard of gravel). Mine would just kiss the bump stop w 3k in it.

Agree. Love those trailers
Military.
Data plate says heavy spring kit installed
Looks to just be additional leaf(s).

Will do same amount or just a tad more next time.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice trailer, Tinstar.

What did you do with all the gravel; what's the project?!
Nothing exciting
Driveway Maintenance
I have a fairly long driveway and it needs the occasional touchup
It's much cheaper than having it hauled in.

The M101A2 is perfect for these small projects since it can handle the weight and rough terrain that a normal trailer couldn't

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing exciting
Driveway Maintenance
I have a fairly long driveway and it needs the occasional touchup
It's much cheaper than having it hauled in.

The M101A2 is perfect for these small projects since it can handle the weight and rough terrain that a normal trailer couldn't
If you would stop doing burnouts and drag racing your CUCV's on your driveway, it would last longer...:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks