• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you buy the replacement handles you have? I need to buy one for the same reason you needed them.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

wish i would have had my glasses on...added an extra 1 (M101 not M1101). Well maybe someone else is looking for the M1101/2 so I guess at least it's not wasted effort.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M149A1/2 Water Trailer

Resealed the lower tank hatch gasket.
Sterilized the tank, flushed everything and filled up with clean well water.
Now I have 400 gallons of fresh clean water when needed.
Safety wired the latches and hinge to prevent tampering.

IMG_9779.jpegIMG_9780.jpegIMG_9778.jpeg70199510288__9148F885-94BD-4157-A1E7-A6153D630B42.jpeg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well...if you figure each 82 oz container makes 8 gallons.....I guess you would need about 50 of those. You would definitely be the most popular M149 around!
Thanks for doing the math!
My off the cuff comment wasn't sufficiently serious for me to grab my calulator.

Hmmmm. Only 50 cans of lemonade mix?!?!? Just a "drop in the bucket" if you don't mind the pun. rofl rofl

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be very popular at the park on a Saturday.

Hilarious idea!!!!!
Indeed!
The costs of the trailer, supplies, and all would be covered QUICKLY.
Contact your nearby Small Business Development Center and have them help you with a Business Plan and turn this hobby into a profit center!!!
MV's to MONEY..... Even our spouses would like THAT a lot!

rofl :goodjob:

dReed39

M149A1/2 Water Trailer

Resealed the lower tank hatch gasket.
Sterilized the tank, flushed everything and filled up with clean well water.
Now I have 400 gallons of fresh clean water when needed.
Safety wired the latches and hinge to prevent tampering.

View attachment 894437View attachment 894438View attachment 894440View attachment 894442
That's a neat tank and trailer. Reminds me of my uncle's military water trailer back in the 90's. He tricked my younger brother to hold the hose for about 30mins filling the tank with slow water flow. I'm coming over tomorrow to help him install the shocks and suspension from 4Wheelonline onto his Wrangler JK. I'll see if he still got some photos of the water trailer.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
70543990484__AD2E58EC-6EA7-49F5-9BAD-3050C760C8DA.jpegIMG_0034.jpeg

Trailered home another trailer
M116A2 with a MEP-002A on top

It’s missing a few lug nuts and has the wrong size tires.
Normal paint peeling and busted tail lights. One from me.
The brake levers work at least.

A good power wash and a repaint will do wonders. New tires ordered.

Generator condition is unknown but I will be ordering filters and such to see if it comes back alive.
GSA basically gave it away so I’m not too concerned

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just won a bid on a M1102 trailer. Plan to pick it up next week and start the building process. Excited to learning from everyone here. Lots of great posts and details I have seen so far.

View attachment 898536
Welcome to the Outfit!

Snap us a few pictures of your new-to-you trailer so the rest of us can oogle it. Pix will be a good way to see your progress. Time to do a little maintenance like wheel bearing grease and checking out the brakes too. TM's are in the trailer section for pictures of parts and part numbers.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just won a bid on a M1102 trailer. Plan to pick it up next week and start the building process. Excited to learning from everyone here. Lots of great posts and details I have seen so far.

View attachment 898536
Take some duct tape and a set of harbour freight magnetic tail lights with you and a hitch to pull pintle hook trailers the trailer is made of aluminum and u will have to tape the light down to something and it has two parking brake levers handles that need to be folded up to release the brake !

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks