• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

j10jim

I have passed on the compliments to the two fabricators. They actually did bring up the idea of selling them. So maybe.....

Now they are eyeing the M1010, so I better hide the keys to it. These guys are very innovative and love to make things out of metal.

Thanks for the kind words!
Great job and if you decided to make them, even just the 'shell' so people could do the inside themselves I would be interested.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surge brake shock on my tan M101A2 went out today.

What really bites is that I had the whole thing apart two weeks ago.
Some bolts on the surge assembly/frame rail were loose.
Two were a PITA to get to.
They looked fine until I put fingers on them and they turned.

Now I get to do it all over again.

I think Croft Trailers still has the best price on the surge shock.

tobyS

Those are aluminum, right?
Yea, at least partly Al, like the 1101/1102. They also look a bit narrower but not sure. They went rather high priced (not compared to retail). Many had the wrapping on what appears to be a tool box, so they appear new, not used.

BadRobot

I can put 500 gallons of water while it sit at home. I don't think it can carry 500 gallons of water and tow since M1102 rates as 4,200lbs. 1 gallon of water weight 8lbs so 500 x 8 = 4,000lbs. So the total will be 4,000 + 1,400 (trailer) + 500 (tank) = 5,900. It is 5,900 - 4,200 = 1,700lbs over the trailer rate. The water tank on M1102 can carry only 300 gallons of water. I don't intend to tow water anyway except to help people during disaster.

Last edited:

tobyS

Thought he meant the trailer...but that's a really nice tank, insulated and stainless! I don't think we're supposed to link active ebay items.

I was wishing for a trailer like yours and watched them go higher than I wanted to pay. It looks really nice and appears smaller than the 1102. Does it have a number designation or does it say "1102 Chassis Trailer"? I don't recall GP having a model number on them.

BadRobot

Thought he meant the trailer...but that's a really nice tank, insulated and stainless! I don't think we're supposed to link active ebay items.

I was wishing for a trailer like yours and watched them go higher than I wanted to pay. It looks really nice and appears smaller than the 1102. Does it have a number designation or does it say "1102 Chassis Trailer"? I don't recall GP having a model number on them.
The plate labels as Schutt M1102.

gottaluvit

I can put 500 gallons of water while it sit at home. I don't think it can carry 500 gallons of water and tow since M1102 rates as 4,200lbs. 1 gallon of water weight 8lbs so 500 x 8 = 4,000lbs. So the total will be 4,000 + 1,400 (trailer) + 500 (tank) = 5,900. It is 5,900 - 4,200 = 1,700lbs over the trailer rate. The water tank on M1102 can carry only 300 gallons of water. I don't intend to tow water anyway except to help people during disaster.
Be careful of the slosh effect if the tank isn't full. Not sure if them tanks have baffles to reduce the slosh effect or not.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful of the slosh effect if the tank isn't full. Not sure if them tanks have baffles to reduce the slosh effect or not.
I had the privilege of a m105 with a 500 gallon bladder roll on it side for me. Even with 300 gallon, those m 1101/2 sit high. The m149 have a lower cradle in the frame to lower the center of gravity on those. Just be careful!

tobyS

It's all pass-through, Brother:

- The "military" is you and me

We're the taxpayers that provide ALL the funding for "the military".
Well actually it's on the credit plan....with interest. Almost all US money is created by loaning money (issuing bonds and such)....and our borrowing to buy all this stuff carries the cost of money....interest. Not only did we as taxpayers put that 15k on the credit card....by now we've got interest accumulating, added to the principle.

I read a book titled "Truth in Money" that was first published in 82 and did several updates. It explained that the money system of the FED entirely took over the US money supply in 1913 and to increase the money supply, they "make" money by loaning it (the US "money supply") out and that it follows a simple math curve of compounding interest. Say you borrow $1 in 1913 and it carries 6% interest annually, with the interest capitalized into the principle yearly.
That's (($1 x 1.06) x 1.06) x 1.06 for 120 years (to 2023). At the end, the year to year growth is HUGE. The author made the case that the US money supply, M3, followed that curves growth, matching the simple math curve nearly perfectly...and that by design, it is unstoppable. It showed what happens 100 years into the future and beyond....exponential growth of the usury portion. It notes that the money that is interest, has never been made and that therefore the debt can NEVER be paid...always MUST grow with our growing population.

M3 (the indicator of the total US money ever made and made yearly) was going to scare the mommy's and daddy's...so they got rid of the indicator M3 that would today, be following the simple curve into exponential yearly growth. The curve shows mathematically how the money changers benefit while the citizens are made into debt slaves that can NEVER be paid...but the banker still gets the usury.

Rant over...but AA you put your finger on a hot button that we should understand better. Trump is using the CC to buy more stuff...but us and our children will own the debt at the government cost virtually forever...even after they sell it for 5-10% of it's cost.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just about finished with the camper. The idea was to keep it looking like a regular trailer from the outside. The generator cover has been painted green.
This months American Hunter magazine (NRA) has an article about "base camp" trailers.
Everything from a fancy mobile tent to Airstreams model.
Prices were crazy and most were dumbed down versions of a travel trailer.
Nothing with any real strength to really handle off-road.
All were billed as light and easily towable.

As I was reading the article, I kept thinking about your trailer and how the others couldn't even touch it.

You definitely could manufacture these and do well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks