• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you making a dump trailer? Trying to figure out how to run your hydraulics? Off 24v or an engine? Am I late to this party?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you making a dump trailer? Trying to figure out how to run your hydraulics? Off 24v or an engine? Am I late to this party?
I've been posting pieces as the frame comes together and I make progress on the M35A3 4x4 project, which just freed up the bed. Yes, I'm making it a dump. I put 2.5 x 5 tube rails under it and am starting a hinge with some heavy materials.

I have a 24vdc hydraulic pump but have a lawn mower that runs great for a donor gas engine. Mower got bent but the engine runs well, so would make a donor engine to mount a pump to. A couple batteries or heavy wire to the truck would work well too for the electric.

Making a scissor or doing the telescope is a next decision. I had a 12' telescoping located for this trailer that I could trade a longer one I have on hand. I will have to see if he still wants to make the trade, my project got delayed. Stability and double acting of a scissor would be nice too.

The duece is not shortened (although being 4x4'd) and either it or my 929 should be able to handle this trailer. It has hydraulic disk brakes and I'm planning on using an air over hydraulic actuator.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I am late to the party is what you are saying.

How did I miss this? Do you have a dedicated thread?

If its in the deuce forum, I don’t get over there often. See, I have this problem. When I start learning about toys, then I want one. Then I find a way to justify buying one.

Then the trouble starts.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, no build thread. It's spaced over so long a period that I'm embarrassed. I posted a few about using the M105 tongue.

I did start a thread about reinforcing the A3 frame for the new suspension and the ROPS.

Attachments

Last edited:

lfhoward

Today I got organized and brought over the tools and materials to finish building my trailer’s interior. Here’s a shot of the outside and the inside through the rear door. It needs cedar paneling on the walls and a birch plywood ceiling. I’m about 2-1/2 years into the build but haven’t had much time to work on it in the last year. This started its life as a 1991 Kasel M116A3 generator chassis.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I got organized and brought over the tools and materials to finish building my trailer’s interior. Here’s a shot of the outside and the inside through the rear door. It needs cedar paneling on the walls and a birch plywood ceiling. I’m about 2-1/2 years into the build but haven’t had much time to work on it in the last year. This started its life as a 1991 Kasel M116A3 generator chassis.

Tried to find the trailer in your pics but got real distracted!!!!!!!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

A few mins ago I just ordered a new connection cable for my M105A2, I expect it to arrive around end of next week, I go on annual leave from work in 3 weeks,....

I am hoping to have my trailer registered by end of my first week off work.

:)

Aussie.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the bed down on the frame but it's not complete, the hinge and tube frame that welds to the bed rails are next. Even without the dump, it's usable around the farm now...with some more welding should be solid.

I have a 35" tire (front set) and a 37.5" so it uses the equalizer. I need a couple more 37"s. I have a tan cover but want it higher than the side poles in the photos.

edit See the troop seats? I'm going to split them in half, so have 4 fold down half seats. I have extra supports from the dumps troop seats, so have the necessary supports.

Attachments

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toby, Are you going to weld it up ready for your cylinder? Ready for the dump? Just pin it down, or hold the front end down in the meantime?

lookin good!

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toby, Are you going to weld it up ready for your cylinder? Ready for the dump? Just pin it down, or hold the front end down in the meantime?

lookin good!
I have a few spots, like the frame mount of the axle equalizer to weld. The tubes sticking out the back go clear to the front of the bed and 8" further for a front telescoping cylinder mount A to connect. Hinges at the rear mount to that subframe and the trailer frame. I'm going to have to fit things in place and then take the bed off again to weld the tilt bed subframe part out. It will have front pins or bolts for now.

When I look under, there is a huge tunnel that would make perfect place for a scissor lift, so until I have the telescoping cylinder in hand, I'm not ruling out a scissor.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Last night it we had a rain storm so the front half of my M105 got rinsed off and looks good.

This morning while the 4x4 was warming up before I left for work I washed the back half as tomorrow we will have another rain storm so the back half will get rinsed off.

Its all looking really good.

Aussie.

RobM36A2

Can't remember if I posted this, but about 1 year ago I bought an ex Dutch army trailer.
When I got it, it was like new, only the night time lights were not working, rest of it worked great.

Pulled the plug, labeled and cut all wires, resoldered them and put it all back together.
Also modded a bit of wiring, so the brake lights and blinkers go on at the same time when I brake or indicate.
(US vehicle and europe trailer = when braking, only the ambers go on.)
Saris-10KN-back.jpg Trailer wiring oxidised.jpg Trailer wiring resoldered.jpg

At the moment I am contemplating if I should go on a trip to the UK.

Foto 20-07-17 22 54 18.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Went ahead and put some paint on her since the fire burned off most of the rear paint. She got a few new tires since then as well. Along with 13 rear lights compared to what i had before along with a set of strobes. Hopefully they will detour any future rear end collisons. I also mounted a camera under rear of the dovetail that feeds to the truck monitor so it will be an up close and personal video contact in the future.

Attachments

Mos68x

Went ahead and put some paint on her since the fire burned off most of the rear paint. She got a few new tires since then as well. Along with 13 rear lights compared to what i had before along with a set of strobes. Hopefully they will detour any future rear end collisons. I also mounted a camera under rear of the dovetail that feeds to the truck monitor so it will be an up close and personal video contact in the future.
Was this a result of a previous rear end collision? Or were you just trying to prevent any futures ones?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks