• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you win? June 16, 2011

armadillofz1

the M416 went for $1700 bux. yeah you read that right. after tax and fees thats $2K. my little free 416 looks better and better every day.

now it did come with a nice little aluminum cover. that's probably rare enough to make that a good price.

Chief_919

the M416 went for $1700 bux. yeah you read that right. after tax and fees thats $2K. my little free 416 looks better and better every day.

now it did come with a nice little aluminum cover. that's probably rare enough to make that a good price.
One of the covers sold on eBay a few months go for $125.

JB

GOOD GRIEF !!!!! thanks for the info. Mine are looking better too!

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
DH, I could get them when I pick up mine in a couple of weeks. Any one know about what size the crates the are in?
I looked at them last night and according to the specs they are 6'X3'X3'. Weight was 400 pounds each.

If enough people are interested I can pick them up with the dually and lowboy...it would cost me around 250 for fuel round trip plus misc expences and a modest fee for my labor. Prob still cheaper than Roadway.

Can't get down there until week after next.

I can deliver to the GA Rally.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally did it!! I bought my first Deuce, a M35A3 from Ft. Benning. Paid a little extra, but it seemed clean for me, and the quality was there. Two front tires leak slightly and only pump up to 21 pounds. Got another thread started earlier today about parts needed to cap it in the field, where I hope to fully repair it at home after the recovery.

I am puffy chested proud! Thanks to that special fella out in Columbus who did a preview for me and passed on all the right information. Not mentioning his name without permission, but he is a special SSer. And EVERYONE here knows him.

Will make the recovery in July after the EUC clears. Top riunning condition with no leaks, outside a very small one on the driver side front tire. It's almost dry.

Hooray!!!!!! See you at the Georgia Ralley! I'll be camping and probably drunk as a skunk. And I never get drunk anymore. Doesn't agree with me. Party ON!
Are you going to post up camp next to Gimpy? I try to stay pretty close 'cause there's a laugh wherever Gimpy goes.

3dAngus

I would camp next to Gimp anyday. The guy's a character. He still owes me a deuce ride too. We'll get his Deuce dirty. :p
Being a newbie to the Deuce ownership, I might still be afraid of getting her dirty. :smile: OH, and Gimpy, lug wrench. Thanks.

(Took the lugs off with a pipe wrench. No problems except I forgot the other side was reverse threaded. Had a good laugh when it was all over.)

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I bought a M35A2C. I have wanted to buy a deuce for a while and ended up making a spontaneous buy. I probably over paid a little, but it looks like a very clean truck, so I made the leap and didn't look back. I'm sure I will have tons of newbie questions, but will see what I can find with search first.

Attachments

Last edited:

PaulbusMax

Looks like I bought a M35A2C. I have wanted to buy a deuce for a while and ended up making a spontaneous buy. I probably over paid a little, but it looks like a very clean truck, so I made the leap and didn't look back. I'm sure I will have tons of newbie questions, but will see what I can find with search first.
View attachment 254962

View attachment 254963

View attachment 254964
Congrats on your win! That's the one i was watching, but didn't bid. I tend to watch the ones close to home. Hope it's in real good condition for you.

combat32

I didn't even bid but my buddy won that M50a3 tanker out of Ft. Smith , at least I will get to drive it[thumbzup]

It went cheap in my opinion, we previewed it, dated 1988, dual circut brakes and less than 5,000 on the odo.

combat32

I didn't even bid but my buddy won that M50a3 tanker out of Ft. Smith , at least I will get to drive it[thumbzup]

It went cheap in my opinion, we previewed it, dated 1988, dual circut brakes and less than 5,000 on the odo.The pics sure didn't do it justice.

Last edited:

lavarok

I forgot today was Thursday.:roll:

Seriously...I spaced on it too....and missed a few good deals. Those Ft Gillem trucks with 11.00 radials would have looked nice parked at my shop.

Oh well, at least I don't have to rationalize anything to my wife tonight! [thumbzup]

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I'm in a conference in Austin TX and missed the ending due to meetings. My low (I thought very reasonable) bids I placed early didn't survive. My wife will be ecstatic.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid $2700 on a 1985 M1008 w/ bows, side boards, troop seats and folded canvas at Redstone; but let it go after the 15 min overtime kicked in and the other bidder got it for $2800...

I was interested in it because of the above, but maybe another one will show up for auction later...

jasonjc

It went cheap in my opinion, we previewed it, dated 1988, dual circut brakes and less than 5,000 on the odo.The pics sure didn't do it justice.

Is he going to keep it a tanker or???

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really nice deuce. Congratulations!

whyme

M105a2 from FT. Drum. Second time I tried to bid on one... paid less than half of what the first one went for... patience, young Jedi.

Plus I lived there in the mid-70's... gonna try and find the house we live in ... the Blizzard of 77 was awesome!
I got one of the others from drum, went for $250 in the end but a guy near me wants 650 for one so I think I made out ok.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks