• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What fuel line to buy?

Csm Davis

Do you happen to know a source for the 836? I went thru this about a month ago and you can find 834 but 836 is the unicorn of the fuel line world if you can find someone willing to sell by the foot. I'd be interested in a source if anyone has one...also would be interested in hearing any tips/tricks to get the line up onto the fittings that you can't get to well (example next to the frame)...Thanks...
Google brought up 4 different ones in blue, sorry no black. I don't use the parker I use Goodyear hose.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Andrmorr

I'm not stuck on Parker...if Goodyear has a push-lok style hose rated for diesel then I'm good with that...what model numbers or a source do you have...?

SUPERSPORT

I went back to Parker yesterday with both lines. Same guy with poor communication skills. Talks very soft and 3 word sentences. Basically stands there staring at me.

This time he tells me I can reuse my fittings. That is what I wanted to do last week and he said they wouldn't work. This guy doesn't belong behind a sales counter.

Anyway, I bought the 3 fittings they had in stock and new hose and reused the fitting he would have to order. A little over $30.

I installed them today and back up and running. On to the next problem....

Andrmorr

I went back to Parker yesterday with both lines. Same guy with poor communication skills. Talks very soft and 3 word sentences. Basically stands there staring at me.

This time he tells me I can reuse my fittings. That is what I wanted to do last week and he said they wouldn't work. This guy doesn't belong behind a sales counter.

Anyway, I bought the 3 fittings they had in stock and new hose and reused the fitting he would have to order. A little over $30.

I installed them today and back up and running. On to the next problem....

What part number hose did he give you? If he was that lame I would double check that he gave you the right stuff...Parker has numerous hoses but only hose #836 will work for your application which is Diesel without clamps...834 will work with diesel ONLY if you use Parkers clamps...If he did give you the correct 836 hose, it would be interesting to see what they charge for 836 hose (per foot) at a Parker store...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$5.49/foot on ebay.

SUPERSPORT

I was fighting the snow and forgot to get a picture of the numbers. Will check tomorrow.

It's black hose and pretty flexible. A little over $2 a foot.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just trying to help...

I hate adding shipping to such a small item but in my case, it would be a 90 mile round trip to purchase it.

It's winter here, I'd happily pay $15 to have it delivered to my mailbox.

SUPERSPORT

Update on price, found my receipt.

$27.26 out the door. Hose was $2.06 a foot.

Hose is 801 and black. Rated for diesel and 300 psi.

Andrmorr

Update on price, found my receipt.
$27.26 out the door. Hose was $2.06 a foot.
Hose is 801 and black. Rated for diesel and 300 psi.
Just FYI- but 801 is rated for diesel but ONLY when it is used with HY fittings which need to be crimped so check your fuel line to make sure they didn't set you up for a dangerous failure by not matching the hose to the correct ends...If they did I'd be heading back and have a conversation with the manager and getting a refund and some 836 because the hose ends in your pictures are 82 series...Most trucks use the 82 series ends and only 836 is rated for diesel and 82 ends. I knew by the price you posted it wasn't 836 they gave you...836 is almost like two hoses in one in toughness that's why it's the only one rated for diesel on a barbed fitting with no clamp and that's why it cost so much more.

Here's the Parker specs for 801

http://ph.parker.com/us/en/push-lok-plus-multipurpose-hose-801

Applications:
  • • Petroleum base hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
    • Pneumatic
    • Antifreeze solutions
    • Diesel fuel – approved only when coupled with HY series fittings

.............HY series end.............82 series End.............

Attachments

Last edited:

SUPERSPORT

801 is rated for diesel but ONLY when it is used with HY fittings which need to be crimped...Most trucks use the 82 series ends and only 836 is rated for diesel and 82 ends.

.........HY series end...............82 series End
That's what I said back on page 1 to simp5782 about the spreadsheet....

I downloaded a PDF from Parker's website on Push-Lok 801/804/821/836 Hose and Fittings.
It says "Push-Lok 801 is now approved with both 82 series push-on and HY series crimp fittings."

Csm Davis

Just FYI- but 801 is rated for diesel but ONLY when it is used with HY fittings which need to be crimped...Most trucks use the 82 series ends and only 836 is rated for diesel and 82 ends. I knew by the price it wasn't 836...836 is almost like two hoses in one in toughness that's why it's the only one rated for diesel on a barbed fitting with no clamp.

Applications:
    • Pneumatic
    • Antifreeze solutions

I don't think it is a big deal, as it is not under pressure which would be why you need the crimped on fittings as long as the fuel doesn't eat the hose, and it wont, it will be fine.

SUPERSPORT

Just FYI- but 801 is rated for diesel but ONLY when it is used with HY fittings which need to be crimped so check your fuel line to make sure they didn't set you up for a dangerous failure by not matching the hose to the correct ends...If they did I'd be heading back and have a conversation with the manager and getting a refund and some 836 because the hose ends in your pictures are 82 series...Most trucks use the 82 series ends and only 836 is rated for diesel and 82 ends. I knew by the price you posted it wasn't 836 they gave you...836 is almost like two hoses in one in toughness that's why it's the only one rated for diesel on a barbed fitting with no clamp and that's why it cost so much more.

Applications:
    • Pneumatic
    • Antifreeze solutions

Like I said, what you quoted in yellow is exactly what I quoted on page one....

Anyway, I just got off phone with Parker hose product support. There is a mistake on the website and she is forwarding it to marketing.
801 and 836 both recommend HY fittings when used with diesel fuel.

This page should have "Diesel fuel – approved only when coupled with HY series fittings" just like the 801 page.
http://ph.parker.com/us/15551/en/push-lok-plus-high-temperature-multipurpose-hose-836/836-8-blu

SUPERSPORT

I don't think it is a big deal, as it is not under pressure which would be why you need the crimped on fittings as long as the fuel doesn't eat the hose, and it wont, it will be fine.

I agree. Worst case it was only $8 of hose.

SUPERSPORT

Anyway, simp5782 or whoever updates the spreadsheet, here are some more part numbers.

30682-8-8B
2 female ends between big fuel filter and lift pump.
33982-8-8
90 elbow at big fuel filter from tank.

This is how my truck was set up. Mine is an A2 with large fuel filter under fender. I don't have a part number for the 4th fitting because they didn't have it.

Last edited:

Andrmorr

Wow, little ol us get's Big ol Parker to update their info...Good job-Cool to think our brainstorming might save someone out there a failure from mis-information.

SUPERSPORT

Wow, little ol us get's Big ol Parker to update their info...Good job-Cool to think our brainstorming might save someone out there a failure from mis-information.
Yea, kinda funny.

I told her I was upset the guy sold me the "wrong" hose for my 82 series fittings. She said she wouldn't have. Well, that doesn't really help. The guy behind the counter should know what is compatible.

Andrmorr

Yea, kinda funny.

I told her I was upset the guy sold me the "wrong" hose for my 82 series fittings. She said she wouldn't have. Well, that doesn't really help. The guy behind the counter should know what is compatible.
Since she said "she wouldn't have"... what would she have sold you?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks