• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what fuels can a cucv handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know tons of guys driving on mixture in cummins and power strokes with zero issue
We're not talking about those engines.

Mercunimog404

Banned
I'm not sure anywhere in this conversation did I ever say I had a Cucv. Even though I don't have a Cucv, does not prove the theory that you can't successfully run a diesel on wmo or any other waste fuel. I'm wondering when the engineers were designing the multi engine did they think, gee lets design this to run in waste motor oil or ATF or veggie oil. I guarantee they never designed it to do it. But it sure does run. I'm telling you, I know for a fact people have been doing it for years and years with zero issues.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you run your mog on waste oil?

No, I never said inferior. The GM diesel is not the same, different pumps, indirect injection and more.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure anywhere in this conversation did I ever say I had a Cucv. Even though I don't have a Cucv, does not prove the theory that you can't successfully run a diesel on wmo or any other waste fuel. I'm wondering when the engineers were designing the multi engine did they think, gee lets design this to run in waste motor oil or ATF or veggie oil. I guarantee they never designed it to do it. But it sure does run. I'm telling you, I know for a fact people have been doing it for years and years with zero issues.
Not owning one does tell me(and anyone else) that your advise is not first hand based on the truck in question.

Mercunimog404

Banned
Not owning one does tell me(and anyone else) that your advise is not first hand based on the truck in question.
Sorry mr engineer. I guess it's better for my online experience on steel soldiers if I just bow down to the holy ones on here and not disagree. Heaven forbid anyone have different outcome he contradicts you.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, when you have first hand experience it, please share it on the site.

Other wise, your advise is kinda useless in my opinion.

I sure would hate to see this site full of speculation and second hand info.

That's not what we need.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your attitude sucks, so leave it off the site.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the problem, I heard from the grocer who was told by the paperboy that he read it on the interweb that the diesel engines were running fine on zebra sweat in Antarctica.

Must be true.

This forum is much better when people report their personal findings, and not just regurgitate hearsay as if it was gospel.

Mercunimog404

Banned
That is the problem, I heard from the grocer who was told by the paperboy that he read it on the interweb that the diesel engines were running fine on zebra sweat in Antarctica.

Must be true.

This forum is much better when people report their personal findings, and not just regurgitate hearsay as if it was gospel.
Yep. It's on steel soldiers so it must be true.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop arguing in the forums.

Keith_J

A few quarts of clean used gasoline motor oil per fillup won't hurt once and a while. But 50/50 waste diesel oil is bad for the pump.

the clearances in the DB2 are just as precise as in the multifuel Ambac units. Otherwise neither could pressurize diesel to 2000+ psi. Used motor oil is far from a good fuel in any Diesel engine as it doesn't spray well so it burns poorly. Waste diesel oil has more ash forming chemicals so it cokes chambers and valves. Diesel has ZERO ash. Gasoline engine oils have been reducing ash forming chemicals so they are better. Two stroke oils are also ash free.

CUCVLOVER

A few quarts of clean used gasoline motor oil per fillup won't hurt once and a while. But 50/50 waste diesel oil is bad for the pump.

the clearances in the DB2 are just as precise as in the multifuel Ambac units. Otherwise neither could pressurize diesel to 2000+ psi. Used motor oil is far from a good fuel in any Diesel engine as it doesn't spray well so it burns poorly. Waste diesel oil has more ash forming chemicals so it cokes chambers and valves. Diesel has ZERO ash. Gasoline engine oils have been reducing ash forming chemicals so they are better. Two stroke oils are also ash free.
OK. Thanks for the info

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is just my opinion but if I had a CUCV I would run diesel in it just like it was designed to run on. Not WMO/WVO/ATF/Panther Piss or any other liquid you can think of.

I did say it was my opinion right?

I don't run anything in my Deuce or M813 except a few additives for lubrication and that's all. I'm not made of money and why would I want to risk a big bill fixing my truck for doing something stupid.

Your truck, your money. Run whatever you want in it and no one else will care.

Westech

CPL
I ran my 04 duramax on 80%+ on WMO and did not have a problem for the first 20K miles then the injectors cocked up.
One tank of 100% diesel and she was cleaned out.

I would guess if you run a 50% mix of WMO and pump diesel that has been filtered very well you should be ok.
Now like I stated before the injection pumps do fail while using only pump fuel.
I am sure its due to age. but be ready to rebuild it soon like someone else stated before.

Fuels I have mixed and ran in my CUCV is diesel, Home heating oil, WMO, hydrolic oil, Gear oils, ATF (used and new)
I only mix a 50% of diesel and other fuels. I have noticed that the Idle is a tad rougher and a little more black smoke out the tail pipes but other then that no issues even starting at cold temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks