• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what fuels can a cucv handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_J

Diesel is running 2.35/ gallon right now. A DB2 is $600. That is 255 gallons, almost 4000 miles worth of driving. Then you have trouble, time and heartache.

a quart of clean, used gasoline engine oil per fillup is fine. It will help transfer pump and cam ring life. And it won't coke up chambers, valves or the exhaust.

CUCVLOVER

I ran my 04 duramax on 80%+ on WMO and did not have a problem for the first 20K miles then the injectors cocked up.
One tank of 100% diesel and she was cleaned out.

I would guess if you run a 50% mix of WMO and pump diesel that has been filtered very well you should be ok.
Now like I stated before the injection pumps do fail while using only pump fuel.
I am sure its due to age. but be ready to rebuild it soon like someone else stated before.

Fuels I have mixed and ran in my CUCV is diesel, Home heating oil, WMO, hydrolic oil, Gear oils, ATF (used and new)
I only mix a 50% of diesel and other fuels. I have noticed that the Idle is a tad rougher and a little more black smoke out the tail pipes but other then that no issues even starting at cold temps.
OK thanks for the info. Are you happy with tge d max?

CUCVLOVER

Diesel is running 2.35/ gallon right now. A DB2 is $600. That is 255 gallons, almost 4000 miles worth of driving. Then you have trouble, time and heartache.

a quart of clean, used gasoline engine oil per fillup is fine. It will help transfer pump and cam ring life. And it won't coke up chambers, valves or the exhaust.
All right. Wow diesel that cheap that's amazing around here its 3 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks