• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have I done now?

plode

I almost had second thoughts when the seller of the truck pulled into the parking lot of the DMV to sell it to me. I said "holy crap, this thing is bigger than I thought...".
But now it has been in my driveway for 2 years, it doesn't seem that big anymore.

vrshack

It is addictive. I have spent so much $ on stuff for my truck, and it didn't even need any of it. Ugh. LED lights, radiator, exhaust stack, A/C, air dryer service x2, CTIS communication attempt (failed), upcoming dump kit, insurance, plates, oil changes, upcoming tandem axle trailer made from same truck, batteries, inverter, generator, tool boxes, fuel cans, fuel filters, air filters, belt, fuel lines, cargo cover kit, rear winch, front level wind (bought-sold), bed crane w/24v winch, radio, amps, speakers, CB, batteries, overhead light bar, etc..... Even just having drove it for the 6,000 miles I have so far, at 10mpg and $2.50/gal for diesel, that is $1500 in fuel alone.

Reach out to other members from your state in PM's and ask what they are doing and at what cost. They do beat-ups here for insurance discussions in public on the board. You probably should have looked it up before you bought the truck, but you already know that now.
Yeah I called myself doing that when I got the quote and paid the premium, then it changed.

vrshack

I am excited about it! Thought about bobbing it but leaning towards either quad cab with shortened bed or a suburban type family hauler with a full length roof rack.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I almost had second thoughts when the seller of the truck pulled into the parking lot of the DMV to sell it to me. I said "holy crap, this thing is bigger than I thought...".
But now it has been in my driveway for 2 years, it doesn't seem that big anymore.
The intimidation factor goes away once you start working on them.

JohnnyBM931A2

Congrats! Mine doesn't really fit in the driveway either.. Only about 10 feet to spare before the street. But it doesn't matter :) And my neighbors are used to it ;)

FYI, I sent you a personal message when you get a chance to read it.

bennym45

Two new chaps.

[QUOTE=quickfarms "And do not forget your right hand man to lift the heavy parts".
That's where we come in. (and will be posting tasks soon.)
tinygpw. bennym45.

Attachments

Last edited:

vrshack

I couldn't help it I took the kids around our block in it when I got home. We drove it around in the school parking lot to check it out and to just learn wh
at the noises are and the after school care kids on the play ground went crazy about it! My 6 year old got to steer it around the lot, now it's his.
Jeff

tobyS

Nice truck and trailer. My favorite is a blacked out bottom and wheels with tan top. Do you have a shop to make such major changes to the body in? Make the top strong enough to have a party on.

How are your batteries? Of 10 trucks, I've put new ones in 8.

On the 105, don't depend on the flat top to keep water out, they get huge pools. Wise to get a pitched roof or hard top to keep things dry.

vrshack

I do have a shop and I've done some major cutting up stuff projects in the past, this is just way bigger!
I like the black and tan best myself!
Can you get a hard top for the 105 or do you have to fabbed it?

mcmullag

Having that third axle really helps with traction and ability to keep moving during parades. : )
That's all I used my trucks for and sometimes displays.
Good luck. You do get used to their size when you are around it a lot.

Attachments

vrshack

Pulled the fuel filter out today and it was UNREAL!

Much thanks to SIMP5782 for all of his phone support!
I didn't think it would ever crank again but much smoke from the exhaust a little charging for the batteries later it FINALLY came to life!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks