• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Also ordered the air filter to go with my new filter cage.. Wix 46664 was the correct filter number. Got one for $40.. Not too bad. Between that and the TMG filter cage I'm at $95. If memory serves new military filters are $125. So I've already saved $30, and obviously I only have to buy the cage once. So subsequent air filter changes will only be 40 or 50 bucks, depending on where I get the filter from. That makes me happy
Happy is good; usually better than sad.

happy.jpg

mdemars03

Just finished installing my new to me cargo cover and getting my antenna mounted for my RT-524. Also got my MX-7777 surge suppressor installed. Next step is to install the RT-524 mount and radio. Hope to have that done before next weekend.

Another Ahab

Just finished installing my new to me cargo cover and getting my antenna mounted for my RT-524. Also got my MX-7777 surge suppressor installed. Next step is to install the RT-524 mount and radio. Hope to have that done before next weekend.
Please. You just "gotta" post a pic, or too many people will be sad

sad.jpg

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the wife and critters to a horse show
View attachment 597578View attachment 597579
Good Show (pun) - I bet that made the other rig owners envious! My only broken bone came from being thrown from a bucking horse. I've got 13 of those pasture ornaments vying for space in the pasture with my motor pool. Wife "your trucks are taking up pasture from my horses." Me "your horses are chewing parts and using my trucks for rubbing posts." Wife "you're spending too much money on those old trucks." Me "my trucks don't eat $1000 of hay every month." You get the idea that there is a an uneasy truce, especially since I also use my MVs to support her horses.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?77864-What-have-you-done-with-your-5-Ton&p=1622079 - post #44
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?40043-Put-the-5-ton-and-M119A1-trailer-to-work
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?61291-Any-body-use-5-tons-commercially/page2 - post 13

Another Ahab

Good Show (pun) - I bet that made the other rig owners envious! My only broken bone came from being thrown from a bucking horse. I've got 13 of those pasture ornaments vying for space in the pasture with my motor pool. Wife "your trucks are taking up pasture from my horses." Me "your horses are chewing parts and using my trucks for rubbing posts." Wife "you're spending too much money on those old trucks." Me "my trucks don't eat $1000 of hay every month." You get the idea that there is a an uneasy truce, especially since I also use my MVs to support her horses.
Communication they say is the key to a healthy marriage; and it sounds like you two talk a WHOLE lot, so it should be all good! :naner:

communicate.jpg

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my LWS installed on my fresh RRAD overhauled truck. Next is the Eyecon light kit, Vic 3 system (missing a few bits), air ride seat, and camo netting in place of the cargo cover. I'm debating on swapping to 395s since this will be my traveling truck and gun truck for airsoft.

Attachments

mdemars03

Fixed my turn signal issue. Turned out to be a bad ground at the flasher relay on the firewall in the cab. Found a new grounding point for the relay and the turn signals work as they are supposed to.

therooster2001

Checked my transfer case for air routing mistakes, it was not backwards. Checked the front axle light, and redid the apolstery on the seat back. Prepped my old hard top for a buddy. Waiting for it to warm up a bit to test out 6wd, and to play with the the winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks