What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Jericho

lololo your right, its that assume word and wanting to pass on a tid bit too help, I just assumed under the 5 ton section. Every one has a 900 series, if you find a power steering cooler on that , youve driven someone else,s truck home . I own mostly older Iron , but saw you dilemia , didnt check your beast

Elijah95

Reference post 8832: like post 8835 says: scrap. Does this thing run ? Is it titled ? Do you plan do anything more ambitious with it than being a yard truck ? It does not have a military fifth wheel, spare tire carrier is missing spare tire and parts, rear of cab is caved in, quantity of leaves in cab and under hood suggests it has been out of service for a long time. Front bumper non stock, fender caved in, wind shield broken, the list is long. If you want to throw enough time and money at it, you could make it as new. Back in the day we would have killed for a diesel tractor with winch
Thanks for the reply guys, it’s been parked for 8 years after working for 10 years in the woods staging trailers logging. It will run but it’s haggard. I didn’t think it’d be worth more than $500 as it was, but the guy is asking 5500 and there’s no way in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

Thanks for the reply guys, it’s been parked for 8 years after working for 10 years in the woods staging trailers logging. It will run but it’s haggard. I didn’t think it’d be worth more than $500 as it was, but the guy is asking $500 and there’s no way in my eyes
The man is excited:

- He thinks he has a buyer

Tell him you'll take it off his hands if HE pays you $500.

Be prepared to shrug your shoulders, pause, and then walk away...

Ajax MD

Is your triangular shark insignia a Flying Tigers Patch ?
No, it's my old reserve unit insignia from the MIUW warfare community. They are all disbanded now. A few folks have posted photos of their trucks that still have the old insignia on them.

lavarok

No, it's my old reserve unit insignia from the MIUW warfare community. They are all disbanded now. A few folks have posted photos of their trucks that still have the old insignia on them.
My M1010 had that insignia on the doors when I bought it from Goosecreek many years ago. Still does to this day although I no longer own it. :)

Ajax MD

My M1010 had that insignia on the doors when I bought it from Goosecreek many years ago. Still does to this day although I no longer own it. :)
Yup. As a reserve unit, we generally got "cast-offs" from active duty units. As long as we had enough vehicles to haul our TO&E, it didn't really matter what they were. Our deuces were friggin' ancient when I got there. GP canvas tents straight out of M*A*S*H with pot-belly, wood burning stoves for heat. Our sensor platforms were something out of a kid's toy Erector set.

Then 9/11 happened and the fiscal flood gates opened. Base-X tents w/HVAC, M35A3's, and M939 series trucks. New sensor platforms, MEPs, HMMWV's, the works.

Ajax MD

A parade of winter storms is going to halt the truck work I'd like to do. Cold and wet every couple of days all the way to New Year's at least.
I can handle the cold, but I won't work in cold rain and sleet. Grrr....

US6x4

I finally got the 5-ton fifth wheel plate out of the back of my 813 and onto the US6x4...only took a little over a year. This will get mounted to the Studebaker until an original can be found.
20191110_101234.jpg

This had the same NSN # as an M818 fifth wheel (which is almost identical to the original) but it has a skirt on it. It's probably off of a 939 series truck.
20191213_192856.jpg