• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Took my M934 out for a spin. Shift from 2nd to 1st is a lot smoother. I recently changed tranny fluid to ATF and new filter. the blow off valve on my air dryer seems to get stuck partially open sometimes. if I put a ratchet up their it closes. Any ideas on what is causing this?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Typical sticking or in need of cleaning. You can buy one from guy here that is updated and cheaper than redoing yours. Check the vendors section or parts classifieds

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

big block 88

I have been looking at backup cameras too and my thought was to hook it up to a toggle switch. I know there are ways to hook them up so they come on automatically when you put your vehicle in reverse, but I like the thought of being able to turn it on while driving if needed to have a rear view mirror kind of set up. Just my thoughts on it.
Mine are on a 3way switch. Up is front low light camera and down is rear view. My monitor can handle 4 feeds so I may install another toggle with side rear view cameras for the blind spots.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mine are on a 3way switch. Up is front low light camera and down is rear view. My monitor can handle 4 feeds so I may install another toggle with side rear view cameras for the blind spots.
Your in Kansas, I don't know why you need a backup camera, not like there are any trees to back into! Everything else is just a misplaced wheel chock!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Finally got my shifter cable replaced. That was the biggest PITB I have ever done in my life. I could have pulled the engine and transmission out quicker than I messed with that thing for a week! I tried to use a replacement cable I got and it would not hookup at all. It irritated me so much that I just yanked the whole shifter out of another truck and finally got it to line up. It took a lot of adjustment. I couldn't get the replacement cable to line up at all the cover over the ends where the cable comes out of are just too long. So now my shifter has a fire extinguisher holder on it. Going to work on making a toggle switch box for all my other gismos

Also got my spare tire holder installed that I stole off my M934. I will be cutting the spare tire rack from the 931 (on the left) to make room for the winch. I have thought about not using it anymore and just making some type of system for the winch to lift stuff into the back of the truck.

Attachments

WYomer

Hauled lots of gravel 13,369lbs one load and 13,611 the next. Then loaded up lots of scrap wood and scrap metal is next.

I put my BBW mud flaps on too! Thats Big Beautiful Wyoming for those of you with dirty minds like me not the other acronym!

Another Ahab

Hauled lots of gravel 13,369lbs one load and 13,611 the next. Then loaded up lots of scrap wood and scrap metal is next.

I put my BBW mud flaps on too! Thats Big Beautiful Wyoming for those of you with dirty minds like me not the other acronym!
They're just no mudflaps like the classic Wyoming and the classic Montana mudflaps; the best.

I can't recall for sure, but Colorado might have nice flaps, too (just not coming to mind for some reason).

Can you post a pic here, please?

gottaluvit

Don't you just love it when you tell them "5 tons" and they always overload you. I guess they figure they aint paying the fine. It can't be that hard to know the weight of what size aggregate fills the bucket of the front end loader. I was very tempted to drive back to the pile and tip the gate, but didn't want to seem cocky being I knew I would be back.

Spyderman

Don't you just love it when you tell them "5 tons" and they always overload you. I guess they figure they aint paying the fine. It can't be that hard to know the weight of what size aggregate fills the bucket of the front end loader. I was very tempted to drive back to the pile and tip the gate, but didn't want to seem cocky being I knew I would be back.
You do know it holds 10 tons right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gottaluvit

You do know it holds 10 tons right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes, but my data plate says 5 tons off road and 5 tons on road. My bmv allows me to determine the gvwr and applies the license fees accordingly. Then they give me a sticker to put on the rear plate that has a "34" representing the gvwr. If the portable scales get me with 7% over what number is on that sticker, I get the fine.

big block 88

Yes, but my data plate says 5 tons off road and 5 tons on road. My bmv allows me to determine the gvwr and applies the license fees accordingly. Then they give me a sticker to put on the rear plate that has a "34" representing the gvwr. If the portable scales get me with 7% over what number is on that sticker, I get the fine.
not saying you are lieing but your data plate is wrong or you misread it. On road is 10 on every 939 series truck i seen or worked on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks