• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne pick

Hea Matt, I can't take video on my cell phone but i'll try to find someone who can and post it. I don't know about how good it looks, I may change the clamps to the band type as the ones on it now look a little bubba out in plain sight like that. I did it on the cheap, $40 for a 3in 90 mandril bend, 3ft of 3in pipe and a few clamps. Sounds good, can really hear the turbo whistle now. I sure won't be sneeking up on anyone with it LOL.

ryan77

I fabbed a straight pipe stack. yea it barks.

Thats got to be loud!!! My buddy in High school made a exhaust for his 85 f250 diesel similar to that but it faced drivers side! He would pull up to a drive thru window and fill the place with diesel soot when he took off !!!!!

wayne pick

Hea ryan, That's funny about the drive thru. I'll have to get someone with a video app on their phone, post it and see what you guys think. With all the tri axles with straight pipe jake brakes, rice burner cars and bikes, straight pipe harleys arround here, one more noisemaker won't matter much. It only really barks when I boot the throttle or when it's in overdrive at slow speeds. I went up a steep hill with a concrete retaining wall in town tonight, sounded like an 8 shotgun report off the wall.:whistle:I kept the muffler just in case but if I don't need to put it back on i'll probably give it away to one of you guys. It's like new.[thumbzup] Later.

True Knight

Began building a centrifuge today. I guess it's more doing something for my CUCV than to it. But still CUCV related. Ha ha.

Edit: I'm going I start a build thread in the alternative fuels section if anyone is interested in checking it out or building one of their own.

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Completed installation of all pintle hook parts. What a pain in the pahtooty! Fortunately my hardware was sufficien..didn't have to buy any bolts. Gonna have to find the darn drill bit sharpener. Dulled every one of my 1/2 inch bits building the cross bar that runs across under the pintle plate assembly....OK, they were dull already, i just made them worse. Now I can tow my new M101 trailer!:beer:

hlcrkfrm

I put in all new glow plugs, glow plug relay, some extra driving lights,I checked all the fluids . I found the power steering pump came loose so i fixed that and did a little painting to try and stop the rust.

new tires, bridgestone at's all around and a spare. added a dome light, painted the rims, worked on the gypsy rack, installed the cb, added a couple switches to run the bus bars, mounted the new hi lift jack.

Got the glow plugs out!!! 4 on passenger side were swollen, had to pull two injectors. Duroterms are in. New, heat shrinked spade terminals on the wires. Been spraying bed liner inside the cab, on doors and back wall, to quiet it. Tomorrow the new 24v gear reduction starter, put the 2 new batteries back in. Maybe get the last of the roof patch roll in the doors, tint the windows.

BTW, used Plasti-coat bed liner to paint my interior. A very pleasing black, dash, panels etc. Used Dupli-color Bed-Armour on the doors. I am very pleased with it. Seems much more durable. Goes on thick, but flattens as it cures. I just wouldn't want to spray it where it might drip and run inside the cab.

ryan77

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334447465.410123.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334447485.937985.jpgShot big red with some 383 green! Deciding if to do camo or leave it green! Came out good not one run mark!!

twlinks

Changed both door locks this morning. First one was a PITA figuring out the little clip and working inside a small space like that. Other side took about 5 minutes. ;) Spent some tme cleaning up the interior and getting it ready to paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks