• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my New Zombie crushing bumper!!!
Finally got my new bumper back and everything about it is overkill, but it is awesome!!! This thing will outlast the truck.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/95815-new-zombie-crushing-bumper.html
Very nice bumper, It looks very similar to the one on my blazer! Great improvement to the truck although heavy. If you throw a m1008 step bumper on the rear you will also find that more functional and better looking.

Again Very nice looking bumper!!!!

Today I just cut the hole for my Warn winch also and got it all wired up. Spooled it out for a test and back up nice and tight. Need a hole cutting bit to mount the military remote hook up.

Corvette1974

Changed front T case output seal, Fluid. Flushed and changed coolant. Installed CB radio. Installed new front brake pads.

Up next- Both differential fluid, trans fluid and filter, new harmonic balancer and seal, rust proof it for winter....lots!

Will

Went trail riding and camping over the weekend.. Had a Blast until i broke a ujoint and Yoke on my rear axle. Was able to weld it.. yes weld it... and it held the rest of the weekend... we took it kinda easy, and avoided some of the extreme trails... researching now to see if i should go back with the 1350 yoke with Straps or go with a 1410 and u bolts.......

tires and rims look good twomore.

Today I took the next step and took the truck in and had the exhaust put into the works. Cut off the old set up tons of rust and holes! Real bad condition but will be replacing with a dual Spintech exhausts and everything new from the manifold back.

Here's a few pictures.

Will pick up tomorrow afternoon if everything goes as planned. By the way while the truck was up on the rack and the exhaust system was off I fired it up. Very interesting the change, sounded like and old muscle care to me. But im no expert on exhausts, was cool to hear though.

Attachments

Dr.Jay

Lately my M1009 has been neglected due to project deadlines, a movie rental, and helping fellow MV owner friends keep their MVs running.
Recently I have had some spare time to repair the no up-shift problem (stuck governor ). While I was at it, I also replaced the vacuum hoses, the modulator on the transmission, and adjusted the vacuum valve.

Today a hard working woman with blonde hair, and green eyes who shall remain nameless had to replace a front tire on the M1009 that she destroyed by accident. Lesson learned lol.

GreggVA

M1009 - pulled the temperature sensor off near the back of the intake on the drivers side. Thought I might be able to find some numbers to cross reference to a new one but no luck. The parts store only has one with atop pinned outlet and mine looks like a coax cable connection.

Corvette1974

M1009 - pulled the temperature sensor off near the back of the intake on the drivers side. Thought I might be able to find some numbers to cross reference to a new one but no luck. The parts store only has one with atop pinned outlet and mine looks like a coax cable connection.

Literally just did this- Just get the WT3000 (part number) and get the harness for it. Or just this - CUCV Temperature Sensor with Connecting Harness - CUCV Electric

Will

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished Pintle mod today. Now I can install my other ball hitch's for my other towing needs, and It levels my M101A2. Still working on body work for final CARC Green paint in the next week or two? More pics In my album.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks