• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin-m1008

It should be titled "what I did NOT do" today.

I went to start the truck m1008 up this morning to go to work. I noticed no "wait" light then noticed no clicking noise. Then noticed the "no seat belt on" buzzer not going off!

No way the truck was going to start with it being 18 degrees out. So went to the M715, no start! I tried the 53 CJ3a. It started right up! lucky me of course the little jeep has no heater but better then the bike.

I guess I will figure out what happened tonight.

I feel better now!

Last edited:

cfish

Headed out with my son this morning to go look at several m1009 parts vehicles and didn't get 1/2 mile from home when the passenger side alt crapped out on me over volted and darn near fried the battery, disconnected everything and drove home. Removed alt and ordered new one. Replaced the steering stabilizer with a moog. hOh and new belts going back on and ordered the upper and lower radiator hoses. ANd will be replacing heater hose as well!

dragon1124

Well not "today" but over the past week. Some might laugh, some might judge lol, but I went to the place where I picked up my M1009 to see if they would accept her for trade. I was looking at a neon, and a jeep wrangler they had. The jeep is a non MV but has the green carc on it. <At least it's not listed as an MV> On the back window you could see where the vinyl lettering of "Border Patrol" was. Needless to say, they wouldnt take back my m1009. I dont know what I was thinking of wanting to trade my m1009 for a neon. I am second guessing my selling of her all together. Anyways on to what I am going to do, at the dealer where I got her, they gave me a radio mount that goes in the rear passenger area, as well as an antenna mount and brush guard. Now I dont own any carc paint, and at stores around here charging 30+ a gallon, I went to o'reilly and saw some ultra-flat camo color spray paint. I am going to paint the antenna bracket and guard green tomorrow at work in the spray room, since it's painted in the desert tan, and mount the radio bracket inside the vehicle.

Shop Rat Fab

Throttle cable install. Short story long here goes, I floored it to pass coming home, from work last night, and the thing kept going after I let off, that was fun, I hooked the gas pedal with my foot to pull it up but since its a cable and not mechanical that made difference. No floormat to stick to under so I went to shut it off and the speed started to come down. Drove another few miles home all good till I floored it in the street and it went to governed speed so I shut er down. I disconnected the cable from the IP and the pumped snapped to idle, after removing the cable it was frayed at the IP end and when floored would stick in the cable housing. NAPA part number 610 1408 and 45 minutes later were off to play in my weekly poker league.

67_C-30

My rocker panels, 2 gallons of Lizard skin, and a MIP floor mat came in. I'm going to weld in the new rockers, coat the floor with the Lizard Skin and install the mat this coming week. She should be a LOT quieter on the inside. This will be nice when I install the stereo/CB combo unit that also just arrived this week!;)

DXTAC

New GP's from Indiana Diesel (supporting a disabled Veteran) and new "Blemished" Interstate batteries. I didn't trust the 9 year old batteries that were in it! GP's were all in GREAT condition and came right out without a hitch, no swelling at all.

davidkroberts

installed a solargizer from a parts m35a2 i had laying around. Mounted the solar panel on the hood because it doesnt matter to me where it goes. could have monuted it inside on the dash just as easy but oh well.

dragon1124

ordered a set of glow plugs, i dont know if it's true or not, i cant find details, but i heard if some glow plugs are bad, the light wont go on, we'll see if the light comes back on after install. Changed everything else GP related lol. Sanded down the tan antenna bracket I got in prep for painting green tonight. I will also install the radio bracket I acquired for free also.

cfish

Lets see, my old stock mufflers had several holes in them and a section on both tail pipes was rusted out so I had new pipes and mufflers put on. Went with high flow mufflers( a little lowder then stock) and 2 1/2 inch pipes. I also replaced the air filter with a K&N filter and all I can say is its like a hole different beast. It has way more excelleration then before and seems to cruise at high speed at lower RPMs. Filled it up and will give a report about fuel mileage. It was getting 20-21 mpg before.

donalloy1

added mx-6707 base and as-1729 whip to port side. look out low flying aircraft. anyone know how to properly bring down am/fm signal with this combo to off shelf civi radio? cosmetically looks great. maint. chief thinks i have lost my mind.:-D

Last edited:

dragon1124

here are the pics of the antenna and brush guard paint, as well as the radio rack I recently put in. I was surprised how nice the spray paint looked, as it was not carc, but it's a little out of place since my m1009 is a little faded. *dont mind the starter fluid can in the rack pic, havent used the stuff in 3 months, just never took it out*

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just replaced my front leafspring bushings with uarathane. Finally getting my death wobble under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks