• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman_80128

dxtac, Hey did you ever get that front tranny seal replaced? It's not to big of a job if you haven't just have to pull the torque converter off the input shaft and pull the seal out of the front of the pump. I could walk you thru it if you want? let me know

CycleJay

re: What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

Hi guys,

All I have done lately is some minor routine maintenence on my M1009.
Now I will not be asking for jump starts anymore, thank God. LOL

Also, starting to do a tiny bit better with money, and cut some corners,
learning to live with less, bite the bullet, getting more hours at work, etc.

So hopefully I will be able to start making improvements to it,
and not run out of gas again, which has not happened for awhile now.

Good day all, God bless all of you...

CJ

P.s. Still have to login from work though, until I get a new computer.

joeman_80128

The girlfriend just went and got it tested for smog and it past no problem! Bought a CDR valve from carquest, We'll see if it fits nice little red headed girl found that the ones from the 6.5 cross with the GM part number but it doesn't have the right bends in the tubes or the bracket on it (crossing fingers that it works) Oh and the E-Test place has a dyno and it makes 141 hp. at the wheels! we'll see how the CDR works this weekend!

The G Man

I installed a set of fiberglass racks I have from aM105 trailer. Took quite a bit cutting and drilling but **** it looks good. I also installed glowplug bypass switch. I get to work on her againtoday also.

67_C-30

I installed a NOS antenna guard for the driver's side to match the passenger's side. I bought a gallon of CARC subsitute-type paint for it a few weeks ago, but it just did not look like I wanted it to. It was just too glossy. I broke down and bought the correct CARC for it today.

condor16

Went to work and daydreamed about the day my EUC clears (my first one).... Submitted 8SEP!

This holiday season, I'm thanking GL for helping teach me the virtue of patience.
:-|

vtwinpilot

Fixin to park it on large rock's at an aestheticly pleasing angle as it is now Wisco yard art...at least it may be useful as an emergency generator and yard tractor, thank you peoples republic of madison.

lindyp38

replaced dented door and fender......plus replaced an alternator that a local shop supposedly rebuilt but they didnt......i found a spiders cacoon......

Barrman

BFG 33 x 12.50 AT tires went on yesterday. No more shakes above 62 mph, looks better, is way more stable at speed and hopefully, the mileage will stay about the same running a few mph faster.

Replaced all the filters and fluids a week or so ago. The Transmission drops down to 1st when I am going below 10 mph when it used to just lug it out in 2nd before. Makes if feel more peppy in stop and go traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks