• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun217

Preped and then painted passenger area with chasis saver today. Wheeew that stuff has an odor....make sure you got the area vented well. Tomorrow the second coat goes on. Was tacky still at 8 pm, started putting it on at 2 pm. I just hope the odor goes away and only lasts a few days.

Timber

The tranny started shifting weird, on inspection it had a brand new vacuum modulator installed but the short rubber line inbetween the vacuum modulator and the hard line was cracked. Replaced it today and all the shifts are good again. It's time to drop the pan and replace the fluid and filter now.

BigJohn1009

Today I replaced the headlight adjusting screws and the plastic "nut" as I replaced the headlights .
I found a slight fuel leak on the filter drain line (it was bubbling right after I finally got the engine to turn over).
A friend changed out the last 3 glowplugs for me ( the one I could not reach ).
Tested RT524 radio- recieved fine but I could not transmit-need to ched the mike connection.

1984M1009

The last two days I have been installing a 4 inch lift on my m1009 and I am still not done

Nearly every part has fought me tooth and nail the only part that came off easy was the shocks It looks good though I will post pics when its all done

Today i fixed the passenger side window by installing a new manual crank assembly also changed out my door locks so now im the only owner lol next on the agenda is to pull the seat out and clean the floorboard and get ready for some dyna mat ;)

WARWAG

I changed the oil in my truck today. Used Napa Gold filter and Rotella 15W-40 oil. Great stuff! It really quieted down the engine. Cold starts are a breeze. Also replaced my vacuum lines. Shifted better but went back to the high RPM Hard shifts after a few minutes. Will try again Monday.

Oldsouthernboy

Installed the 4 screw gromments, 4 screws, and a tail light for a functional light on the rear for the plate, I now have a lighted plate after dark. No longer afraid to drive in GA after dark.

OL AG '89

Went Mudding at the property near Annona Texas......
bent the snot out of license plate and light....
Went through a little creek and......
Discovered my front differential doesn't apply power when in 4WD?????
Can you guess what I'm doing to the CUCV next?????

BlueToes

Stopped by the local alternator shop and had my friend test my batteries as i have been haveing trouble starting in the mornings. one batt was in good shape, the other was stone dead. I hear thats worse than just one good batt. got new one in and was amazed at how fast my starter twistes up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks