• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARWAG

took the seats out, then took the seats off the mounts used degreaser on them trying to get the wd40 off them from trying to get the bolts out...then tried to explain to my wife why i was using the new dish washer for a parts cleaner:idea:.., i got caught...she wanted to know why the kitchen smelled like the garage...aua

Throw in a handful of Tide laundry detergent and its the best degreaser money can buy! I plan to have a new Dishwasher in my garage just for this reason!:D The wife will get over it. If not get a new wife.....

donalloy1

replaced drivers side window rubber seal. purchased from lmc. fit very well. old one was totally shot! good quick on my end. left side leaf springs scissored out. hope square that away today.:lol:

topgun217

Well, been working on the floor board off and on and finally got finished, only repaired what was needed. Now getting ready for the Chasis Saver to go on. From what I have read, I need to rough up the metal a bit in order for the 3 coats to go on properly. Once the Chasis Saver is complete, it's on to laying /cutting insulation, re-install the oem floor cover and get everything else replaced. I still can't figure out one thing though, is there supposed to be a light for the transfer case shifter indicator? If there is where's the wire for it? I only have two wires near that area, a black one and white one, and I'm pretty darn sure there not for a light.... I also had to replace both rockers, but didn't take pics of that.

Attachments

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice! As fare as the transfer case shift indicator, I went through the -20 wiring diagram and the commercial Chilton's 80 to 87 repair manual and couldn't find anything resembling a light in the transfer case shifter. Could the wires go insteas to the indicator light on the dash. Perhaps they went from the 4WD switch and somehow got cut. Just a guess. Best way to chack that is to put it in 4WD and see if you get the light. Hope this helps.

83k30

took the doors off, and made "quick release" pins. doors are still off cause its too much fun driving with them off :driver:

Farmin2010

took the doors off, and made "quick release" pins. doors are still off cause its too much fun driving with them off :driver:
I plan on doin that come summer again, with the top off of my 1009.

But today I used mine for pulling stumps... in the process i bent the hitch :mad:so it points a little bit higher in the air than it did this morning...

I feel a reciever hitch in my future...8)

Hogg

Just tinted the back windows on the M1009 .... After drivin around all summer in the 100*+ heat. I have to say it is lots more comfortable, and looks pretty good too. I mainly did it to keep prying eyes and sticky fingers out of it. I'll try and get some pics up for you guys soon

1986Blazerk5

Just tinted the back windows on the M1009 .... After drivin around all summer in the 100*+ heat. I have to say it is lots more comfortable, and looks pretty good too. I mainly did it to keep prying eyes and sticky fingers out of it. I'll try and get some pics up for you guys soon
Where did you buy the tint and how much did it cost?

pgwaldner

The M1009 did not have a light in the transfer case shifter, but it is the same as the civilian model that did have the light. It is easy to add a light with a factory socket and 2 wires, just splice them in to the light for the volt meter as this light is run by wire and easily tapped.

Hoolio

My M 1028A1 has had about everything electrical and fuel replaced..Idid the injector pump , transfer pump , changed fuel filter housing to spin-on, Start relay to HD solenoid , "China boy" starter , flex plate and front trans seal, shut-offs on batteries , heater blowerswitch , Not including everything the young lad did to it before I purchased it from him... Seems like the only thing different from the '05 Silverado and this truck is no payment book....

Milbikes

Replaced seat

My M1008 had nice seat covering, but the foam was shot. The truck was miserable to drive...any bump resulted in my seat bottoming out on the truck seat frame. Very uncomfortable! I found a really nice seat at a flea market (Civilian black, but decent cover and firm foam). I swapped it in today. Man, what a difference! Now I like driving it! Now if I can solve that darned click in the dash.....

combatmech

Installed dash pad cover, installed dash cluster. All lights work and I can see my speed-o now. Cleaned up and installed dash bezel. Installed new resistor on voltmeter...and it works!! Fixed several light related problems with the cluster re-work. Kudos to the dash cluster de-code pics!!! Not totally done with the dash yet....awaiting parts. I'm sure I'll catch **** for the up-grade I have planned. I'll post pics when it's all done.
Couldnt have done any of this without you...my fellow CUCV owners!!! Tons of helpful tips, do's-don'ts and pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks